AP Clerk / Accounting Assistant
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Are you looking to grow professionally in the Healthcare
Industry? Does Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm work well for you and your
- No travel!
- Full-time with benefits
- Career opportunity with growth available
- Located at the intersection of Hwy 119 & Hwy 280 Would you like
to be a part of a fast growing, family owned post-acute healthcare
providers throughout AL? For the past 55 years the companies
include skilled nursing facilities, therapy services, home health
and hospice agencies, and ambulance services. Are you interested in
learning more as to what makes us so attractive? We are seeking an
Accounts Payable Clerk/ Accounting Assistant to join our team. - -
- Collects and compiles invoices, packing slips, purchase orders,
payment requests and other documentation necessary to properly
process and document accounts payable transactions.
- Matches and prepares invoices and related documentation for
input into accounts payable system.
- Inputs data into accounts payable system.
- Prepares and distributes accounts payable disbursements,
ensuring payments are made within terms formally agreed upon with
vendor in order to protect the Organization's credit rating,
maximize payment discounts and minimize late fees or interest
- Prepares accounts payables aging reports with each check run
and analyzes for open invoices aged beyond terms.
- Files or electronically retains check stubs, paid invoices and
- Responds to vendor inquiries regarding payment of invoices.
Reconciles vendor statements to accounts payable records and works
with vendor to rectify any discrepancies.
- Gathers and maintains sales and use tax data, ensuring that use
tax is accrued on purchases where the vendor does not charge sales
- Complies operational statistics and reports as directed.
- Maintains appropriate accounting data via spreadsheets.
- Performs various routine clerical duties including word
processing, answering phones, filing, photocopying, sorting and
- Performs other job-related duties as requested.
- Makes daily deposits to the bank and uploads copies to
- Reconciles credit card account (AMEX) and ensures proper usage
in accordance with travel and expenditure policy
- Uploads and maintain documents in paperless filing system
- Maintains office equipment (postage machine, copier, phone
- Education: High School education
- Experience: Minimum of two years accounting or bookkeeping
- Must be able to walk, sit, stoop and stand intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Must be able to work with hands and fingers throughout the
workday. Let's chat! Send us your resume, apply here or text us at
(205) 682-9495. About Staffmark Staffmark is committed to providing
equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race,
color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices),
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic
information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation,
union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or
other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable
accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and
employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation,
contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is
applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including
hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working
conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions
of employment. All employees are directed to familiarize themselves
with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions
with respect to employment matters and other phases of
employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with
this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and
Keywords: Staffmark, Birmingham , AP Clerk / Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!