Company: KS Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Call KS is looking for a talented Accounting Clerk to join our
growing team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional attention
to detail, strong work ethic, and a basic understanding of
accounting principles, and will be able to perform the tasks
outlined below with minimal supervision. -Performs various clerical
and routine accounting tasks, to include posting entries, verifying
and reconciling input to financial reporting system output,
processing payments, and/or assisting in preparation of billings
and other financial reports. Responds to inquiries and contacts
other departments and/or vendors to resolve a variety of problems.
Assists in performance of various clerical duties.Duties and
- Prepares routine entries and posts financial transactions;
reconciles entries and internal ledgers to financial reporting
- Maintains, verifies, and updates numerous ledgers.
- Keys data and prepares batches for processing which involves
sorting, alphabetizing, and possibly running tapes to verify hash
counts and totals.
- Sorts documents; codes, logs, reviews for accuracy; matches
supporting invoices to procurement documents; and verifies invoices
- Reconciles various expenditure reports to source documents;
distributes and files financial documents and reports.
- Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts,
records and types money lists, and balances cash fund; enters cash
transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank
- Constructs routine spreadsheet applications, prepares financial
data for input into finance and human resources systems, and
- Research processing problems, contacts departments and vendors
to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to inquiries
by telephone or in writing; refers complex problems for
- Assists in ordering, care, maintenance, and utilization of
department equipment, supplies, and inventories.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as
assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures .
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures . -
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices . -
- Knowledge of computerized information systems and/or automated
accounting systems used in financial and/or_ accounting
- Knowledge of standard and/or construction accounting
principles, methods, and applications. -
- Account balancing and reconciling skills.Minimum Job
- High school diploma or GED; at least 6 months of experience
directly related to the -
- duties and responsibilities specified -
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Apple products -
- Reading comprehension skills strong enough to read and
interpret financial documents -
- General knowledge and understanding of accounting
- Strong comfortability in an office environment
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are
above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for
experience on a year for year basis
Keywords: KS Services, Birmingham , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!