Senior Homes Editor, Southern Living
Company: Meredith Corporation
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Southern Living is seeking a talented editor with a sharp eye,
passion for Southern homes and architecture to be its Senior Homes
Editor. The person will have an obsession with Southern culture,
new and historic homes, and a desire to conceptualize and execute
editorial ideas that provide inspiration and service to our
audience. The ideal candidate knows how to hunt for homes, whether
it be on-the-road scouting or finding strong leads through social
* Lead the Homes department for the brand. You will constantly be
on the hunt for homes, gardens, and entertaining concepts.
* Dream up unique cover concepts and themes.
* Always be on the hunt for new projects, new designers, great
stories, and incredible renovation projects.
* Produce content for both print and digital platforms.
* Be hands-on, relentlessly positive, and eager to execute new and
* Scout homes, gardens, and locations across the South.
* Be willing to represent the brand at trade shows, conferences,
panel discussions, and other necessary brand events.
* 5+ years of experience covering the Homes market for a leading
media brand (print or digital).
* A passion for Southern lifestyle content, which includes
interiors, exteriors, designers, gardens, holidays, general
* An understanding of and deep appreciation for Southern culture
* The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently under
* A strong network of designers, architects, entertainers,
stylists, and tastemakers to call on as needed.
* Experience being on and off set producing columns, features, and
covers (no job is too big or too small).
* Writing, editing, and packaging experience.
* Interest and experience in video, digital, and new ways to bring
the brand to life across platforms.
* A real desire to make Southern Living a strong brand across
print, digital, social, and video platforms.
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm
the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired
employees. For further information about the E-Verify program,
please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Keywords: Meredith Corporation, Birmingham , Senior Homes Editor, Southern Living, Advertising , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!