Financial Reporting Manager
Company: Spreetail Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Spreetail is an ecommerce company that connects brands with
customers wherever they love to shop online. We delight our
customers every day by putting our technology, marketing, and
supply chain to work for them behind the scenes. Born and raised in
Lincoln, Nebraska, Spreetail has grown into offices and fulfillment
centers in 8 cities across 6 states. The Accounting department
consists of teams focused on Accounts Payables, Revenue, Freight,
and Inventory. The goal of this team is to account for every
financial transaction related to the company and its activities,
understand why these transactions occurred, and find ways to
improve the company's profitability.-- As a Financial Reporting
Manager, you will:
- Develop, lead and execute monthly and quarterly financial
- Maintain the financial reporting deadlines calendar for the
- Liaise with the external audit team.
- Research and incorporate changes to technical financial
reporting guidelines within Spreetail's financial reporting
- Execute Month- and Year-End close process.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries
prepared by staff.
- Analyze monthly balance sheet and income statement comparisons
against prior month and prior year actuals.
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices regarding
accounting policies and processes.
- Manage efforts of team members in an ambiguous and dynamic
business environment to meet company, department and team
- Define business processes and execute recommended improvements
that withstand the variability inherent to the business.
- Liaise with technology team on applicable software
- Drives issue resolution cross-functionally through effective
communication to partners and leadership.
- Design and monitor reporting and metrics; build and deliver
recommendations that drive resolution.
- Execution of defined P&C Processes, ensuring effective use
of people to accomplish work and produce deliverables. Who you are:
- Very knowledgeable of GAAP.
- CPA designated.
- An initiator, tenacious, and a strong leader.--
- Analytically skilled.
- Able to work and perform in a fun, agile and fast paced
- Educated in business related field with a Bachelors degree;
preference for industry certifications.
- Experienced in accounting field (3-5+ years)
- Experienced leading teams or projects (1+ years).
- Experienced executing public company financial reporting
processes including interaction with external audit team.
- Experienced in public accounting audit. ---Unit Appreciation
Rights: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon company and team
performance ---Company Bonus: Up to 5% of yearly salary; based upon
company and team performance ---Health Insurance: Spreetail offers
two plans: -Aetna PPO: Spreetail covers 100% of premiums for
employees and 50%--for your spouse and dependents included on the
plan. -Aetna HDHP HSA Plan:--Spreetail will contribute $500 to an
HSA for an employee-only plan or $1000 for your spouse and
dependents included on the plan. ---Dental Insurance: Spreetail
will pay half of the dental coverage for you/spouse/family plans
-----401k: Spreetail partners with ForUsAll to provide the
opportunity to invest in your future with pre-tax and post-tax plan
options ---Paid Time Off: untracked time off ---Wedding Week: Enjoy
an additional 5 paid days off before or after your wedding
---Creating a Home: After 2 years of employment, Spreetail will
give you $5,000 when you buy a home ---Year 3 Vacation: After 3
years of employment, you will be eligible for an all-inclusive
vacation ---Year 5 Sabbatical: After 5 years of employment, you
will be eligible for a 2-week paid sabbatical ---Donation Matching:
Spreetail will match your donation dollar for dollar, up to $250 a
year and up to $1,000 if you've been here for 5 years ---Community
Involvement: Spreetail encourages employees to take time off for
volunteer opportunities throughout the year, including a
semi-annual volunteer week in every community we serve ---Product
Discount: Enjoy a 20% discount on the products we sell Equal
Opportunity Employer Spreetail is an equal opportunity employer
that hires based on stellar qualifications, positive attitude, and
exemplary work ethic rather than factors like age, gender identity,
race, nationality, religion, or sexuality.
Keywords: Spreetail Inc., Birmingham , Financial Reporting Manager, Advertising , Lincoln, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!