Company: Books-A-Million, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Creative Director will oversee an in-house design team which
is responsible for all creative services company-wide. This will
include in store signage, print marketing collateral, digital
design for website, social, email and other departmental projects
both internal and customer facing. The Creative Director will act
as a liaison for outsourcing projects to 3rd party agencies,
managing estimating & budgeting process. Supervisory
- Hires and trains design staff to create marketing deliverables
for print production and digital executions across brand
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and workload of
departmental design team.
- Manages the priority for themselves + design team based on
deadlines and budget for daily deliverables.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
constructive, in accordance with overall company policy.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and
in accordance with company policy.
- Provides constructive and timely creative critiques for design
team.Duties / Responsibilities:
- Oversees creative communications and branding in various online
and print platforms to include in store signage, website design,
email, social ads for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and
- Oversees the seasonal creative maintenance of the website
including methods to deliver message, color pallet and font
consistency, and clarity of information; ensures that all creative
is current and relevant.
- Manages the internal and vendor resourced photography process
for product, gift guide, etc.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations,
speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships with
- Consults with VP Marketing to understand goals and scope of the
desired marketing programs.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of online marketing
opportunities and trends, web analytics, and SEO techniques.
- Collaborates with IT department as needed in the development of
the organization's website to ensure its efficiency and creative
- Performs additional related duties as assigned. Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of retail seasonality, in store and
online traffic trends.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
projects at once.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.Education and Experience:
- At least five years of experience in marketing and long-range
planning required Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or similar
- At least 8 years of experience in marketing, internet
marketing, agency or in-house creative environment.
- Retail creative experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone
and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with
or without assistive device.
Keywords: Books-A-Million, Inc., Birmingham , Creative Director, Advertising , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!