Network Support Engineer III
Company: C Spire
Posted on: January 17, 2020
OverviewThe Network Support Engineer III will be a member of a team
managing and supporting IT infrastructure and applications for our
partners. This is a challenging position requiring advanced
technical skills, experience, communication, and critical thinking.
Our goal is to create an exceptional customer experience.
Network Support Engineer III leads a group of team players that can
administer and troubleshoot all aspects of a client's network
environment. We are currently seeking a team player with extensive
Networking experience. They will be responsible for maintaining
shared and customer dedicated infrastructure including but not
limited to routers, firewalls, switches, VPNs, load balancing
systems, and enterprise wireless. Expected to be able to do the
following: Provide network diagrams, incident resolution and
problem determination, document methodologies, thorough knowledge
of network management, execute hardware and software installations,
performance tuning and recovery. Expected to possess, develop and
maintain skills in data center design standards, communications
technology best practices and security
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Build client relationships and maintain client
- Ability to carry difficult conversations with clients regarding
the complexities of the issues impacting their business as well as
producing and executing the solution for it.
- Team Player. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team
to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Critical Thinking and ability to drive results.
- General Network Troubleshooting (routing/switching/wireless,
DNS, DHCP, VOIP, VLAN, VPN).
- Firewall Troubleshooting:
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco Meraki
- Ability to recover or rebuild client site network with no
available backup (reverse engineer).
- Perform firmware and code upgrades to networking
- Work with other departments to troubleshoot client-side
- Work with the vendors of the company and our
- Work includes occasional weekend or after hours
responsibilities, when necessary.
- Serve in the Networking On Call rotation.
- Occasional travel offsite / to customer sites.
- Read, write and understand technical manuals, procedural
documentation and original equipment manufacturer guides.
- Leading periodic technical meetings.
- Training and mentorship of junior team members.
- Completion of a yearly training plan/required
- Ability to help architect and configure large, scalable and
supportable network solutions.
- Ability to meet and work with sales staff and solutions
engineers on identifying technical limitations and problems for
- Ability to help architect multiple site multiple path failover
with prioritizing primary, secondary, Tertiary circuits using
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
- Required Experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting or implementing IT
- 3+ years of experience primarily supporting networking
- Desired Qualifications/Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with configuration and management of
advanced networking hardware including routers, switches, voice
over IP telephony, load balancers, wireless infrastructure,
firewalls and internet proxy devices.
- Experience with networking protocols to include advanced
routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF) and switching (Cisco proprietary
protocols and network standard protocols including spanning-tree,
trucking protocol, MPLS).
- Cisco Certifications or experience.
- Citrix Certifications or experience.
- VMWare Certifications or experience.
- Microsoft Certifications (Administrator/Engineer level) or
- Leadership and management experience.
- EMR/EHR/Practice Management Suites (Greenway, Allscripts, ECW,
Keywords: C Spire, Birmingham , Network Support Engineer III, Engineering , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!