Company: Acco Material Handling Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
This position will be responsible for overseeing inspection
activities including first article inspection of machined parts.
Will provide inspection reports as well as the supporting and
maintenance of the Quality Management System. Will collaborate with
all stakeholders on matters related to quality control, quality
assurance, process improvement, 5S and LEAN.
This position requires a high level of critical thinking, problem
solving abilities, data analysis and understanding in
quality/manufacturing standards and customer requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities PRIMARY Duties and
1. Supports operations by overseeing daily inspection of product to
- Develop and maintain inspection reports.
- Oversees inspection activities across all stages of
- Supports the inspection process through the development of
inspection procedures and techniques.
- Conduct multiple different tests to ensure product fulfills or
exceeds established quality standards.
- Oversees incoming inspection activities to established
standards. 2. Oversees First Article Inspection of machined
- Will provide inspection reports and feedback for improvement.
3. Establish and operate different mechanical and electronic
measuring equipment. 4. Examine and analyze damaged product to
identify non-conformances and suggest an ideal way to repair. 5.
Ensure rework processes are delivering the expected quality outcome
and follows the rework/repair process through to completion. 6.
Facilitate quality system training with employees. 7. Oversees
maintenance of calibration system. 8. Communicates matters related
to quality or compliance with urgency. 9. Organizes and maintains
records in compliance with company records policy. 10. Represents
the Quality department as a point of contact for production support
and manufacturing issues. 11. Assist in the improvement of product.
12. Evaluate products to verify compliance with quality
13. Perform Statistical Analysis on basis of RCA (root-cause
analysis) of non-conforming material.
- Prepares and maintains data.
- Leads or participates in the corrective action process. 14.
Completes capability studies and shares information with the
engineering team to support product improvement activities. 15.
Participates or leads improvement team using LEAN tools, methods,
and techniques. 16. Process returned material from customers based
on established procedures. 17. Perform investigation of customer
returned equipment, including warranty claims. 18. Implement SCARs
to suppliers due to nonconforming parts. 19. Perform audits related
to the Quality Management System, design and manufacturing
processes. 20. Leads problem solving activities in manufacturing
operations to quickly identify and permanently resolve quality and
productivity issues. 21. Oversees gage repeatability &
Special Location/Position Requirements: Not Applicable Job
Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)
- At least 3 years quality control experience in an industrial
- Experience in mechanical inspection techniques as well as
understanding of GD&T principles desired
- Experience in an office environment, with frequent use of
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail & ability to prioritize critical
- LEAN/Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred but not required Education
Requirements: Associate's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or related
Engineering discipline required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: Normal office conditions
and occasional travel may be required to meet with suppliers. Job
demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, and/or
computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal
office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling,
climbing stairs, lifting, driving, and/or traveling. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Acco Material Handling Solutions, Inc., Birmingham , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!