Controls Design Engineer
Company: Albireo Energy
Posted on: January 15, 2022
A key member of the Albireo Energy team, the Controls Design
Engineer will be responsible for:
- The design of building automation systems for large and
relatively complex institutional office buildings and related
- Communicate with contractors to obtain any necessary
documentation and coordinate to ensure compatibility/feasibility of
- Apply the appropriate equipment and end devices to provide the
most cost effective solution that meets the project
- Prepare a complete engineering package of all required network
diagrams, point to point wiring diagrams, control panel layouts,
flow diagrams, valve and damper schedules, bill of material, and
equipment submittals for approval by the client engineering firm
and delivery to the installation team.
- Assist the project manager with ordering of all required
products and equipment.
- Assist the project manager with shipping and receiving of
- Engineering degree (BSME or BSEE) from accredited college or
university or a 2-year HVAC technical degree with 2+ years of
experience in building automation or a relevant field.
- Prior experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial HVAC applications,
ability to read and understand MEP drawings and
- Understanding of flow dynamics to apply the appropriate
measuring devices, control valve selection, and sizing.
- Knowledge of industry-standard communication protocols;
Ethernet, Modbus, BACnet, and Lon to provide system network
diagrams and integration to 3rd party equipment and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Microsoft Visio experience is preferred, AutoCAD or other BIM
software is suitable.
- Ability to obtain a Secret level government clearance.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match
Keywords: Albireo Energy, Birmingham , Controls Design Engineer, Engineering , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!