Lighting Service and Sign Technician
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: JOB TITLE: Lighting Service and Sign
Technician DEPARTMENT: OperationsSUPERVISOR: Regional Manager
SUMMARY: The Lighting Service and Sign Technician will be
responsible for providing service to the company's existing and new
lighting project clients. This position will complete the scope of
work laid out for each job within the timeline set forth by the
Crew Leader and Regional Manager. The Lighting Service and Sign
Technician must adhere to all company quality and safety standards
while on a job site.This position must conform to all corporate
policies and procedures, uphold ethical standards, and exemplify
corporate values, with an emphasis on integrity and service.DUTIES
- Installs lamps, Ballasts, lighting fixtures, wiring, and
- Loads and unloads materials, ladders, and misc. equipment.
- Follows instructions from the Crew Leader.
- Safely operates lifts using extreme caution not to damage any
property at client location.
- Immediately reports any damages to the Crew Leader of client's
property, Lightserve property, and/or vehicles.
- Exhibits caution and safety when working in client
- Performs minor construction duties as needed.
- Palletizes and shrink wraps recycling for pick up.
- Responsible to clean up any scraps, trash, and misc. lighting
materials from sales floors/warehouses upon leaving the location
- Recognizes different lighting technologies, sensor installs,
exit sign installs, and egress lighting.
- Cleans out personal trash from the company vehicle upon
completion of a job run.
- Additional job duties/responsibilities as assigned by
management.QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 3 -5 years of lighting, electrical, and sign service work
- Experience with driving and utilizing a Bucket Truck.
- Journeyman Electrical License.
- Lift and Bucket Truck certifications or completion within an
agreed upon timeline. Required Qualifications:
- Ability to read maps and schedules, utilize GPS, and adherence
to route schedules.
- Must be able to drive for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel up to 15 days at a time throughout the
- Valid Driver's License.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of lighting or electrical experience.PHYSICAL
- Ability to work with arms over head.
- Safely work with hand tools at various heights.
- Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching,
bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling.
- Must possess the ability to climb a ladder.
- Must be able to work with machinery, tools, electrical and
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. WORK
- Jobsite, warehouse, or office. AA/EOE. Women, Minorities,
Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to ApplyEmployment at
Lightserve Corporation is subject to post offer, pre-employment
drug testing. Lightserve Corporation is a drug-free workplace and
an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal
duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not,
however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous,
incidental, or similar duties which may be required from
Keywords: Lightserve, Birmingham , Lighting Service and Sign Technician, Engineering , Remlap, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!