Sr. Electrical Engineer
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Bernhard's core mission is delivering innovative engineering,
construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and
promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four
divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development,
each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The
intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide
turnkey Energy-as-a-Service ("EaaS") solutions to our clients. At
the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors
and communities that the Company has traditionally served.
Bernhard's vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North
America through delivery of excellent, high value service and
innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential DutiesThe purpose of a Senior Professional
Electrical Engineer is to provide technical authority and direction
as the Engineer Of Record (EOR) for the development of electrical
engineering designs, studies and solutions and part of an
integrated project team.Senior Electrical Engineer's
responsibilities include overseeing the creation of technical
design solutions and/or studies. Specific responsibilities
- ?Responsible to oversee and direct the electrical engineering
of projects in accordance with engineering best practices, company
standards and in compliance with the National Electrical Code.
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing and preparing
project budgets, project execution plans, construction cost
estimates and project schedules.
- Execute the electrical engineering aspects of a project within
the budget, schedule and quality as agreed with the Project
- Prepare engineering documents in the form of study reports,
drawings and specifications that maybe stamped and signed, as
- Prepare Addendums, Proposal Requests (PR) and Supplemental
Instructions (SI) for projects.
- Provide mentoring and technical direction to Electrical
Engineers, Designers and BIM/CAD Technicians.
- Attend meetings with clients and prepare meeting notes as
- Coordinate communications in relation to electrical engineering
with project team members, clients and the Authority Having
- Coordinate design solutions with other technical disciplines
within the integrated project team.
- Assist in quality assurance reviews for all project
- Attend site visits for the purposes of investigation, survey
and record of existing conditions.
- Uphold and promote the Bernhard brand by guaranteeing
excellence in the execution of work and ensuring a positive client
- Any other duties as assigned by Company Leadership.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Required to have a Baccalaureate Degree in Electrical
Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Required to have a Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Five years' experience post PE license award.
- Required experience with the design large commercial
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Effective written, oral and presentation communication
- Clean Driving Record.
?Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Preferred experience with the design of Healthcare
- Preferred experience with the design of Higher Education
- Preferred experience with the design of Central Energy Plant
(CEP) electrical infrastructure projects.
- Preferred experience in the design of medium voltage protection
and power distribution systems.
- Preferred experience in the design of paralleled generator
systems at medium voltage and below.
Travel RequirementsTravel shall be required on occasion depending
on project need and location. The travel commitment is estimated to
be around 10-20% of regular work schedule per month.
?Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Shall require long periods of sitting or standing at a desk in
front of a computer in a quiet office environment.
- Will require the ability to walk, climb and crawl on a project
construction site on occasion.
- May be exposed to inclement weather. Bernhard is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participate in the
e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies)
unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and
Bernhard, LLC ("Company") and an authorized Company representative
makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of the Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for
partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company's
information to email@example.com.
Keywords: Bernhard, Birmingham , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!