Project Manager - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the
community through solutions that support the safe and efficient
movement of goods, services and people.
The Birmingham office is looking for a Project Manager to work with
our team of engineers and designers to lead multiple transportation
projects within our Alabama practice. This position would include
daily involvement in projects that are interesting and diverse in
scale and complexity and would utilize Gresham Smith s Way to
Manage system of managing scope, schedule, and budget. Our
transportation project managers also lead best when combined with
past experience in transportation engineering design. The ideal
candidate would have past experience in roadway design and would
leverage that design experience to ensure project success. As
project leader, this role typically is the daily communication to
our clients and project team and candidates should have excellent
written and verbal communication skills. The appropriate qualified
applicant would also be able to manage a range of projects and
project types for the public sector transportation clients
including ALDOT and local agencies.
* Manage transportation projects including but not limited to
roadway design, bridge design, transportation planning, traffic
operations and safety, ITS, and environmental.
* Manage the preparation of engineering reports, plans and
specifications for major and minor projects.
* Manage the preparation and review preliminary and final plans and
technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and
make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions
when modifications are necessary.
* Participate in contract bidding and administration as needed.
* Supervise and observe the design and ongoing progress of a
project, including the coordination of the project with City, State
and County officials and other outside agencies.
* Supervise the work of less experienced managers and/or technical
support personnel assigned to the project.
* Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, outside
consultants and firm staff.
* Communicate and interact with project team members, client
representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to
project. Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting
design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials,
difficult coordination requirements).
* Lead project financial elements using the Gresham Smith's Way to
Manage system, including scope, schedule, budget, and
* Champion project quality control utilizing Gresham Smith s QMS
* Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of Alabama Department of Transportation systems,
policies, and procedures.
* Knowledge of standard operations, policies and procedures of a
firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
* Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering
principles, practices and techniques.
* Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers,
calculators, and copiers.
* Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and
* Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management
* Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal
relationships. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
without immediate and constant supervision.
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering
* Minimum 10 years of experience in the transportation industry
required, preferably in Alabama.
* Minimum of 2 years managing projects.
* Professional Engineer, P.E. certification is preferred, but not
* May be required to have additional experience for some
* ALDOT project experience is preferred.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification
protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters,
headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment
agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is
required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH
explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those
candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial
obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such
unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon
Keywords: Gresham Smith & Partners, Birmingham , Project Manager - Transportation Market, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!