Associate Director, Channel Accounts
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company
focused on improving patients lives by identifying, developing and
commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical
needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio
and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that
can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of
the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates
to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you ll explore our career openings and get to know
The Associate Director, Channel Accounts is field-based and a key
part of the Market Access Channel Operations and Contracting
department. This person will develop and manage channel
relationships and agreements impacting Corporate Retail Pharmacy
through partnership with Brand and strategic stakeholders. This
person will have responsibility for maintaining existing
relationships with channel partners, negotiating new channel
relationships, and act as a conduit for communication between
Channel Operations and our channel partners. Deliver value added
solutions to both external channel partners and internal Jazz
channel operations stakeholders and be passionate about the patient
* Oversees account relationships with the development and
management of high-level strategic channel activity to include, but
not limited to, Corporate Chain Pharmacies plus other Channel
opportunities as they become relevant.
* Provide key input into channel strategy and optimize services to
enhance performance for the Jazz product portfolio.
* Work closely with Trade, Distribution & Government Program teams
to create supporting business plans and initiatives. Identify
short-term and long-term objectives for the program initiatives and
outline solutions to achieve objectives including measurements and
* In coordination with Channel Operations and Contracting,
negotiate contract terms, fees, service parameters and manage all
contractual conditions. Act as liaison between Legal, Finance,
Compliance, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Commercial and Market
Access teams in an effort to stream line contract implementation
* Work cross functionally with individual Brand Teams to ensure
overall awareness of Channel partner knowledge including input on
marketing and/or educational materials.
* Collaborate with Brand teams to develop strategy and execution in
the Corporate Retail pharmacy market.
* Provide subject matter expertise and all aspects of channel
landscape to leaders across Jazz.
* Analyze market behavior and buying patterns and communicate
findings to internal stakeholders.
* Provide valuable and creative solutions to various challenges
within the distribution channel.
* Attend external stakeholder conferences staying current on trends
that impact business
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Prior management/leadership roles with related experience
* Prior experience in channel strategy formulation and execution
with in Channel related corporate accounts.
* Must be able to manage customer relationships and product
contracts for portfolio of products within different therapeutic
* In-depth knowledge of Channel/Trade function across various
health care settings.
* Excellent negotiation, contract strategy and presentation
* Strong business knowledge and acumen.
* Excellent written and verbal skills and must be able to
effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and vendor.
* Ability to travel domestically on regular basis.
* Ensure compliance of operating policies in an extremely diverse
and multiple priority environments.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND LICENSES
* BS/BA required along with 10+ years of related experience in the
pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry.
* MBA preferred.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Birmingham , Associate Director, Channel Accounts, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!