IT Project Manager - Project Management Office
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Location: US-AL-Birmingham# of Openings: 1Category:
CorporateSystem ID: 12491
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Position Summary:
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of multiple,
concurrent projects including the enforcement of governance
processes to ensure compliance of the project process through
scoping, analysis/design, implementation, and closing. Projects
vary depending on size and scope which will require flexibility of
project management processes and solutions. This role will include
management of the entire project life cycle, balancing the
constraints of project scope, timelines, quality, and budget. The
position will require management of risks, completion of status
reports, approving deliverables and post deliverable assessment.
Day to day management of project resources will be required
including significant communication to project stakeholders to
ensure successful project execution. Additionally, there will be
direct interaction with all levels of individuals throughout the
organization as well as 3rd party vendors and consultants.
Significant interaction with SCA leaders will be a requirement of
this position and, therefore, this individual must be comfortable
working with the highest levels of senior management. This position
requires proactiveness, willingness to learn from various business
areas, and ability to make recommendations on how best to improve
process and/or use technology to solve business problems.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as
appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual
- Effectively applies company methodology and enforces project
- Coordinates quality assurance procedures.
- Manages project risk.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored
- Manages project budget.
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables
- Follows up with customers, as necessary, regarding unpaid
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Facilitates team and customer meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the
organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
Customer Management & Business Partnership
- Manages day-to-day customer interaction.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with teammates that foster
- Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and
evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Builds a knowledge base of each customer's business,
organization and objectives.
- Ensure cadence with business team leadership to ensure
alignment with business goals, strategy.
Specific Job Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years hands-on project management experience required.
- Experience managing projects in both waterfall and agile
methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban frameworks.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including a
proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment.
- Proven ability to manage key stakeholders while managing
- Strong leadership skills including conflict/issue
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
with customers, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- Ability to work effectively with project resources across
- Substantial experience and working knowledge of Microsoft
Office, Teams, SharePoint & Project.
- ServiceNow experience is a plus.
- Travel may be required as necessary to meet project needs.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Engineering, Business, Org.
Management, Project Management, Computer Science, or related)
- PMP Certification (highly preferred)
- Additional preferred certifications include PMI-ACP, Scrum
Master and Product Owner specific
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Birmingham , IT Project Manager - Project Management Office, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!