Purchasing Cost & Inventory Manager
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Location: US-AL-Birmingham# of Openings: 1Category:
CorporateSystem ID: 12499Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Position provides purchasing, cost and inventory expertise to SCA
centers/hospitals. Acts as a liaison between centers, suppliers,
and the SmartSystem (Surgical Care Affiliate's catalog and
purchasing system). Position will be responsible for identifying
and implementing regional or local savings opportunities and will
support the implementation of national contracts. Position will
provide expertise to facilities in all areas of Supply Chain
including, but not limited to, contract negotiation, benchmarking,
standardization, market analysis, and industry best practices.
- Facilitate and drive cost reduction opportunities for SCA
centers/hospitals by utilizing standardization, value analysis,
utilization, and pricing cost reduction strategies
- Educate facilities on supply chain best practices, proprietary
ordering system, fundamentals of the purchase to pay process,
including accruals, in order to maximize opportunities and
- Deliver savings while maintaining and improving the quality of
care provided to patients.
- Monitor and ensure facility performance meets expectations
regarding key metrics; daily supply report, buy right percentage,
cost per case and supplies as a percentage of net patient
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
facility staff, including the medical team. Participate in
Partnership meetings, Regional meetings, etc. to present
opportunities, savings realized, and overall supply chain
- Recommend solutions based upon data analysis to increase
business efficiency and/or improve business processes.
- Identify new opportunities, lead supplier negotiations and
implement local and regional purchasing agreements , (bids,
requests for proposals, etc.); Validates savings opportunity to SCA
- Participates in the selection, evaluation, monitoring, analysis
and implementation of cost effective product, services and
- Possess knowledge of inventory processes; train and educate the
best in class techniques regarding par levels, inventory
- Support implementation of national contracts and product
conversions within SCA facilities.
- Support Help Desk Services
- Respond to issues and improve operational performance.
- Identify, analyze and resolve catalog, supply, and supplier
performance problems with centers and escalate to appropriate
management when required.
- Develop supplier relations that enable assistance in problem
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of management.
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in purchasing, operations, business or
- Minimum 5-7 years purchasing, supplier management or contract
- Extensive knowledge of creating and maintaining item master,
catalog database and various analytic tools.
- Strong organization skills and relating data to business
- Strong ability to identify barriers, business trends and
escalate to operations
- Experience in areas related to data warehousing, purchasing,
contracts, accounting, budgeting, or healthcare.
- Experience in Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) or healthcare
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Expert in Microsoft applications with working knowledge of
industry standard contract management, materials management, and
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates PI129630443
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Birmingham , Purchasing Cost & Inventory Manager, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!