Vice President of Publisher Partnerships
Company: Ebsco Subscription Services Espa--a SL
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Vice President of Publisher Partnerships EBSCO Industries,
headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur
who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers,
rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our
team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our
people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety
of businesses that are within 5 different industries including
Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and
Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow,
because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term
success of our businesses and our teams. EBSCO Industries, Consumer
Subscription Services (CSS) division is looking for a new Vice
President of Publisher Partnerships. CSS is a magazine subscription
agent business with services that provide streamlined ordering
processes and industry-best customer service to specialty markets.
Reporting into the President of CSS, this person will be a key
member of the leadership team with broad operational freedom to
- Manage publishing partnerships of consumer magazine publishers
ensuring favorable relationships; providing mediation and problem
resolution as needed.
- Negotiating and securing favorable authorizations from existing
and new consumer magazine publishers.
- Managing the strategic relationship with fulfillment companies
while providing change-management to the operations team as
- Secure promotional partnerships which build brand awareness and
increase magazine circulation for our publishing partners, while
supporting CSS profitability through the growth of existing
business lines (Waiting Rooms, Amazon, and SSI.).
- In collaboration with CSS Leadership team, manage the online
businesses to support partner circulation goals and CSS
- Work in collaboration with CSS team (Director of Marketing,
Digital Marketing Manager, Amazon Vendor Manager and Fulfillment
Managers) to ensure the successful execution of online and
- Collaborate with both CSS Ops team and EIS Pub Ops to support
the implementation of authorizations and fulfillment.
- Collaborate with CSS Leadership team to meet, and exceed,
annual contractual minimum requirements for direct-mail and online
- Collaborate with CSS Leadership team to develop new business
lines utilizing existing (and potentially new) authorizations to
profitably increase CSS revenues.
- Monitor sales by publisher, year/year; conducting annual
business reviews with publishing and online/Amazon partners.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience; MBA
- 10+ years of magazine industry experience. Publisher
relationships a plus.
- 5 + years of professional managerial experience.
- 5+ years of sales or client-services experience, publishing
industry a plus. Preferred Skills:
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills:
presentation and influential communication skills
- Marketing-minded, innate sales ability
- Strategic thinking, analytical, problem-solving and planning
- Resilience, tenacity & diplomacy
- Ability to lead and motivate teams and provide strategic
- A student of your industry; remaining aware of trends and
- Excellent organizational savvy and team-player
- Ability to engage with all; comfortable communicating with
senior level and c-suite executives EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an
equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable
federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO
strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against
employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of
race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or
ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits,
and termination of employment. EBSCO complies with the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act,
and all applicable state or local law.
Keywords: Ebsco Subscription Services Espa--a SL, Birmingham , Vice President of Publisher Partnerships, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!