Director - Business Development Drug, Dollar, Military Channels
Company: Winc Australia
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Director - Business Development Drug, Dollar, Military Channels
Location Corporate Headquarters - Birmingham, AL Business Segment
COR # of openings 1 Director - Business Development Drug, Dollar,
Military Channels Reports to: Executive Director, Retail Marketing
& Strategic Selling Requires Flexibility with Schedule Grade/Level:
Job Type: Regular FLSA Status: Exempt Amount of Travel Required:
60% - 80% Positions Supervised: None Primary Duty: Buffalo Rock is
an award-winning Pepsi-Cola Bottler founded in Birmingham, AL, more
than 100 years ago. The Corporate Business Development Director is
responsible for managing Chain Drug, Dollar and Military accounts
to grow volume, revenue, and company profits, as well as to
increase Buffalo Rock Company product distribution thru negotiating
with accounts and actively managing the sales goals and objectives
of the company. --Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree
(four-year college or technical school) Business Administration: P
referred. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, must have a High School
diploma or GED: Required Ten (10) plus years of Management
Experience as well as at least Ten (10) plus years of experience in
the beverage industry: (or other comparable experience approved by
management): Preferred Knowledge: Sales and Marketing - Knowledge
of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling
products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics,
product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and
processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for
services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. English Language
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
and grammar. Administration and Management - Knowledge of business
and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource
allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique,
production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Skills: Basic Skills
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using
training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the
situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself,
other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience. Social Skills
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others'
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do. Complex Problem-Solving
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
implement solutions. Resource Management Skills
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and
directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
others. Work Context
- Spend Time Sitting, Standing, Walking, Bending, Stooping
- Contact With Others
- Electronic Mail
- Face-to-Face Discussions
- Letters and Memos
- Telephone Impact of Decisions
- Frequency of Decision Making
- Impact of Decisions on Co-workers or Company Results
Responsibility for Others
- Responsibility for Outcomes and Results Role Relationships
- Coordinate or Lead Others
- Deal With External Customers
- Work With Work Group or Team Work Setting
- In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
- Working conditions will be inside and outside where
temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold, working
in rain or snow, all for extended periods. Essential Functions
- Manage the development, implementation, partnering,
coordinating, and monitoring a comprehensive Marketing and Sales
plan that will drive all B&C sales to achieve the desired
Buffalo Rock Corporate and Franchise sales goals as formulated
- Manage the development of achieving Buffalo Rock Corporate and
Franchise profit, revenue, and volume plans for the
Drug/Dollar/Military Channels within the Buffalo Rock Company.
- Oversee the established competitive pricing for the
Drug/Dollar/Military Channel within the Buffalo Rock Company.
- Manage the complete utilization of all Drug/Dollar/Military
assets to achieve the maximum effectiveness within the Buffalo Rock
- Manage the Franchise Drug/Dollar/Military Channel Managers on a
continuous basis to effectively control costs and expenses related
to the sale, service, and distribution of all products within the
- Managing and fully utilizing the resources that are available
from the various brand companies.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with account Key
Contacts within the Drug/Dollar/Military Channels to achieve
Buffalo Rock's Corporate and Franchise objectives.
- Manage the development of Marketing and Sales strategies for
new and existing accounts within the Drug/Dollar/Military Channels
of the Buffalo Rock Company.
- Represent the company and our interest on all JACT teams as
- Oversee the management and execution of all Marketing and Sales
programs and monitor the effectiveness of strategies employed
toward the desired corporate and franchise goals within the
Drug/Dollar/Military Channels of the Buffalo Rock Company.
- Manage the development of Drug/Dollar/Military Channel
contracts where applicable.
- Provide leadership and direction in accomplishing the Buffalo
Rock Company objectives.
- Manage the development of a teamwork approach in carrying out
the Buffalo Rock Company objectives.
- Oversee Franchise Managers where applicable in the training of
- Present on quarterly basis, to all Buffalo Rock franchises, a
complete overview of the Drug/Dollar/Military Channel for total
Buffalo Rock as compared to the Drug/Dollar/Military Channel
performance on a Franchise basis, as a tool to monitor and adjust
where necessary, to achieve all sales and profit goals.
- Must actively pursue to full resolution of any need or
complaint of the BDDs assigned accounts as it relates to the
day-to-day business between the account and the Buffalo Rock
Company. BDD must work directly with Franchise's Operations team to
- Conduct scheduled business updates and business reviews for all
- Must continuously and timely seek authorization and full
distribution for all current and future products distributed by the
Buffalo Rock Company.
- Must ensure all authorized brand package are in distribution at
all assigned accounts.
- Must be able to travel between Franchises as necessary to call
on assigned accounts including overnight stays.
- Must be highly self-motivated, flexible and goal oriented.
- Must conduct and post audits of programs and initiatives
- Must develop post-audit recommendations for improvement.
- Must develop and manage weekly KARMA surveys and share the
results with the customers.
- Must provide timely communication on account activity and
opportunities thru TEAMs posting or other resources as directed and
ASMs weekly ad/display updates.
- Must provide timely communication on accounts CDA and pricing
- Must maintain product information on assigned customers
- Required to attend and participate in all scheduled department
meetings as directed.
- Required to work nights, weekends (Sat. and Sun.) as
- Required to work any special events or other events associated
with the Buffalo Rock Company as needed.
- Responsible for continuous self-improvement, taking initiative,
and exhibiting a willingness to learn through the knowledge and use
of all Buffalo Rock provided training, including but not limited to
online assigned, and/or facilitated training, or any other provided
method. Must successfully complete assigned training
- Adhere to customer policies for vendors or suppliers, which may
include but is not limited to business conduct policies, business
ethics policies, legal policies, and delivery and merchandising
- Carry out other duties as necessary to ensure goals and
expectations are met according to the department's strategic plan.
Activities Selling or Influencing Others
- Sell merchandise
- Sell products or services
- Solicit orders from established or new customers Communicating
with Persons Outside Organization
- Communicate visually or verbally
- Request customer order Getting Information
- Obtain information from individuals Establishing and
Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships Communicating with
Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates Organizing, Planning, and
Prioritizing Work Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
- Resolve customer or public complaints Making Decisions and
- Identify best product for customer's needs Interacting With
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data Developing
Objectives and Strategies
- Write business project or bid proposals Performing for or
Working Directly with the Public
- Answer customer or public inquiries
- Confer with customer to review terms of credit or payment
- Demonstrate goods or services
- Provide customer service Tools and Technology Tools Computering
- Desktop computers
- Ipad or other portable device
- Mobile telephones Calendar and scheduling software
- Outlook Data base user interface and query software
- Must be able to maintain spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and
basic knowledge of Outlook, Power Point, SharePoint, ShareFile,
OneNote, OneDrive, TEAMS Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook I have reviewed this job description, and I
can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable
accommodation. Applicant's/ Employee's Signature: Date: Signature:
Date: The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that
essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is
intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the
employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the
company reserves the right to change this job description and/or
assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem
Keywords: Winc Australia, Birmingham , Director - Business Development Drug, Dollar, Military Channels, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!