Director of Accounting
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Mspark is a national integrated advertising company powered by
innovative technology and smart, hardworking people delivering
measurable results and meaningful returns to more than 3,000
clients. We have over 31 years of experience and the ability to
reach over 116 million households. When combined with our digital
integration, our consumer reach is even greater.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Corporate Controller, this
key role is responsible for overseeing general accounting and
financial reporting functions for the organization while also
managing a team of Accountants and Accounts Payables Associates.
This role will also maintain a system of internal controls that
will ensure company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all
financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all company
policies and industry standards.
Job Requirements: Responsibilities
- Manage a team of two senior accountants, one staff accountant
and two AP clerks
- Manage annual audit
- Maintain and update accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the monthly close process and financial reporting
- Manage filings such as income tax, sales and use tax and annual
- Manage Accounts Payable team and partner with the Vice
President Corporate Controller on managing cash flow
- Manage the accuracy of incentive compensation tracking,
calculations, payments, etc.
- Manage travel & expense reporting via our internal system,
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Perform accounting research and recommend accounting treatment
per US GAAP based on the business transaction Reporting
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of corporate annual reports
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and
- Investigate variances from the budget and report findings to
- Provide cost center reports to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments,
- Other duties as assigned Job Specification
The successful candidate will possess any combination of training
and experience up to and including a Bachelor's and/or Master's
degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. CPA preferred.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience along with a combination of
public Accounting & industry experience preferred; Experience
managing a team of accounting professionals.
Our Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified
for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills
are transferable - and passion goes a long way. Even more important
than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact,
and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you
to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance
problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why
we are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Mspark we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We
pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring, and retaining
diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Mspark is
committed to and encourages an inclusive environment, and we are
dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special
need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
A Snapshot of our benefits and culture:
- A full benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
benefits. As well as Flexible Spending Accounts, Company-paid Life
Insurance, Short-and-Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) and
- A casual work environment - no suits or ties here.
- An Ego Free Zone. Mspark has a healthy competitive environment
that encourages team-growth. We have an incredible culture of
collaboration that we protect at all costs.
- Transparent Communication - we get to hear from our CEO, and
others during Town Halls, Coffee Breaks, MeetUps, and more.
- We work hard and know how to play hard, especially when we are
giving back to our communities and to people in need. Whether it's
a virtual or an in-person event - social gatherings with intent are
an integral part of the Mspark culture.
Keywords: Mspark, Birmingham , Director of Accounting, Executive , Helena, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!