Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Materials Manager plans, directs, monitors materials planning,
inventory control, storage, shipping, and receiving activities so
that the organization has access to the inputs, materials, goods,
and services it needs for current and future operations.
- Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Materials Manager
manages Materials functions, including but not limited to
inventory, quality, pricing and delivery.
- Comply with all BOS, ISO/IATF-16949 and Customer Specific
requirements. Reference the ADIENT BOS Responsibilities Matrix for
all requirements related to this job title.
- Works in conjunction with Operations Manager to develop
production plans and forecasts.
- Develops sales forecasts and adjusts when release information
- Monitors inventory adjustments and cycle counting.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with federal, state and local laws,
- Manages Plant MRP requirements to meet customer expectations at
the most efficient cost to the business.
- Identifies waste throughout the plant, with special attention to
items contributing to plant inventory shrink.
- Develops and updates any Materials procedures affecting any area
of assigned work centers.
- Participates in the Health, Safety and Environmental program by
following all policies, procedures and work instructions that may
include safety rules, safety observation audits, regulatory
compliance, environmental awareness and audits, and continuous
8+ years experience. Metal-stamping and welding experience
Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. We produce and
deliver automotive seating for all major OEMs. From complete
seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every
step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated,
in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and
design to engineering and manufacturing - and into more than 19
million vehicles every year.
Keywords: Adient, Birmingham , Materials Manager, Executive , Clanton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!