Focus Factory Manager
Posted on: September 22, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate activities in the production department to ensure
profit plan commitments are achieved.
- Continuous product quality improvement.
- The FFM plans, coordinates, and directs all activities within
production operations. Use KPI's to analyze and calculate data to
determine, develop, or recommend improvements in the day-to-day
operation. Schedule, train, and develop subordinate personnel.
Responsible for a successful and cost-efficient operation.
- The FFM is responsible for implementing strategy and standards
to drive best practices and continuous improvement.
- Capable of problem solving (Kepner Tregoe/Six Sigma -
- The FFM also ensures that the functional strategy is executed
effectively through organizational plans and policies and is linked
closely with other site functional areas.
- As a leader and manager, it is an expectation to be a role
model in exhibiting the behaviors and fostering the development of
integrity, excellence, teamwork, and accountability.
- Coordinate with materials department to ensure parts are in
stock and received.
- Assure 100% on time delivery to customer.
- Stabilize incoming material flow.
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment.
- Implement fail-safe process in the production department.
- Facilitate cost reduction process.
- Develop and maintain visual management throughout all
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence if any
nonconformity's relating to product, process, safety and quality
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of
non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory
condition has been corrected.
- Maintain union free work environment.
- The FFM has overall responsibility for the safety, quality,
productivity, and cost.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly
supervises the Production Supervisors. The Focus Factory Manager is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of the Production department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
resolving problems.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 7+ years related manufacturing
experience. Leadership skills and supervision of large work groups.
Related experience, training, education or some combination of all
three may be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Experience with launchesDESIRED/PREFRRED EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE:Automotive experience in a Just In Time (JIT)
environment, Stamping experience, Cost studies, Justification for
projects, Sales.COMPANY INFORMATION:Adient is a global leader in
automotive seating. With approximately 75,000 employees in 33
countries, Adient operates 208 manufacturing/assembly plants
worldwide. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major
OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our
expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process.
Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from
research and design to engineering and manufacturing - and into
more than 20 million vehicles every year.
Keywords: Adient, Birmingham , Focus Factory Manager, Executive , Clanton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!