Regional Vice President
Company: Gateway Management Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
At Gateway our people make the difference. We strive to employ
achievement oriented individuals with the highest personal
qualities and integrity. We have a high standard of performance,
personal capabilities and most importantly, a strong positive
relationship with our customers.
Gateway provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Gateway complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Gateway Management is currently seeking a Regional Vice
President for our conventional portfolio to be located in our
Birmingham corporate office. Position Description: The Regional
Vice President is responsible for achieving the goals of the
property owners and President through the direction of operations,
supervision of Regional Property Managers; implementation and
enforcement of annual budgets; enforcement of operating,
maintenance and emergency procedures, property inspections and
resident retention programs. The Regional Vice President is the
first point of relational contact for the Gateway owned properties,
and the third-party clients for higher level issues, challenges,
problems, etc., that go unresolved at lower levels of the
operational Managers and Regional Property Managers.
- Higher level education and seven (7) years or more experience
in a multi-site management position.
- Hold and maintain industry designations to include CPM and,
HCCP or COS, or must be working toward required designations within
- Extensive knowledge of Property Management operations.
- Previous tax credit experience preferred, but not
- Experience with property management software. Essential Job
- Must supervise and lead Regional Property Managers in order to
achieve the following results:
- Select, direct, coach, and train Regional Property
- Manage and oversee the physical asset and financial
- Hold quarterly Regional meetings
- Counsel and discipline Regional Property Managers;
- Evaluate Regional Property Managers on an annual basis;
- Enforce policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to oversee the operations of the
properties with the following results:
- Develop business plans and marketing strategies of the Gateway
portfolio of properties;
- Handle state agency inspection inquiries through the
- Maintain and update operating policies and procedures and work
with the Compliance Department in regards to policies within the
- Oversee management for new developments including budgeting,
training, staffing and debt stabilization;
- Participate in preconstruction, post construction and warranty
meeting with the President;
- Review Regional Quarterly reports;
- Review property financial reports, monthly for troubled
properties, and quarterly for all properties. Break it down to not
have to do them all in the same quarterly time intervals.
- Assist in coordinating training seminars and company-wide
- Direct and conduct quarterly performance meetings with fee
- Participate in annual meetings at client locations.
- Must have the ability to perform mathematical and accounting
functions to analyze financials and business data in order to
accomplish the following results:
- Responsible for physical and financial integrity within the
Gateway portfolio of properties and fee managed and portfolio
- Preparation and management of company approval of site
operating budgets to include determination for rent increases;
- Oversee expense costs with the Gateway and fee managed
- Review financials as defined below to include cash availability
for cash strapped properties within the Gateway Management Company
- Monitor replacement reserve requests on a quarterly basis;
- Monitor and approve overtime for site level by region;
- Establish performance goals for assigned portfolio.
- Must have the ability to work onsite at the corporate office,
regional offices, and/or various properties.
- Must have the ability to attend and represent Gateway at annual
events and meetings associated with local apartment associations
inside the management footprints, Southeastern Affordable Housing
Management Association, Alabama Affordable Housing Association, the
Georgia Affordable Housing Coalition, and the North Carolina
- Must have the ability to meet on a monthly or as needed basis
and attend meetings at any location as requested by the President,
Senior Vice President, or Owners (owned and third party).
- Must have the physical ability to travel 40 percent of the time
in a motor vehicle and/or airplane from property to property in
states whereby there are assigned properties.
- Must visit and work with each assigned Regional Property
Manager no less than once quarterly.
- Must visit and work with each property: 1. Every 60 days for
properties in trouble on the watch list; 2. Every 6 months for
properties in regions where Regionals have less than one year with
GAteway; and 3. Once per year for stable properties with long term
Property Managers and long term Regional Managers.
- Must adhere to the Gateway Travel and Expense policy
- Must have the physical ability to communicate by telephone,
email and in person. -At Gateway our employees are our greatest
asset, and because of this we offer a wide variety of benefit
options for you and your family. Some of these benefits
Keywords: Gateway Management Company, Birmingham , Regional Vice President, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!