Project Manager - ADIP
Company: AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The position of Project Manager-ADIP is responsible for the
leadership and project management of high value American SpiralWeld
and ADIP projects and special projects such as AFC. The Project
Manager-ADIP will utilize project management concepts, processes,
and methodologies in order to properly develop the project bill of
material, deliver on-time, within budget and meet or exceed
customer expectations. They will actively work with internal
customers and external vendors, to budget, resource and schedule
the projects. Develop detailed work plans and align resources to
meet or exceed customer needs. The Project Manager-ADIP will
provide technical guidance and direction to team members.
- Represents AMERICAN as the central and comprehensive point of
contact between Sales Professionals, District Sales Managers,
Project Coordinators (PCs), Drafters, Project Assistants (PAs),
customers, consulting engineers, and water authority
representatives and other departments within and throughout
- Manages multiple concurrent American SpiralWeld and ADIP
projects through the use of project management principles and
methodologies. Makes critical decisions for these project teams and
reports issues to management.
- Provides technical support and guidance for the American
SpiralWeld and Ductile Iron product lines. Anticipates, identifies
and is resourceful in resolving all problems relating to the
projects in which they are involved.
- Responsible for analyzing customer specifications and ensuring
they are effectively communicated to manufacturing during project
- Develops project manufacturing schedules, continuously analyzes
manufacturing and customer progress, develops and coordinates
logistics details and generates report data.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly. Knows safety rules that
apply to the safety of others and to personal safety. Reports
malfunction of equipment to proper authority. Performs other work
as instructed by supervision.
- Ensures collaboration with PC's, PA's, Sales Engineers, and
ADIP Project Management management in the resolution of all
customer scheduling, drawing, technical, quotation, and project
management issues pertaining to all American SpiralWeld and Ductile
Iron orders for which they are involved.
- Makes accurate quotations of American SpiralWeld and ADIP
material from engineering plans and specifications to provide
District Sales offices, Division Management, and
- our customers with an accurate and complete proposal. Analyzes
and interprets specifications as they pertain to American
SpiralWeld and ADIP product line.
- Ensures shop drawings, revisions, quotations, quotation
supplements, in and under lists, submittals, lay schedules,
customer lists, drawings and other drafting work meet the
production standards of the department.
- Must display a working knowledge of all applicable AWWA, ASTM,
M11, and M41 Standards and Manuals relating to ductile iron and
- Ensures value engineering opportunities are reviewed and
implemented in the best interest of both AMERICAN and the
- Must handle stressful situations in a courteous, sensitive, and
responsive manner, always maintaining professionalism.
- Coordinates resolution of American SpiralWeld and ADIP
customer-related issues by acting as Team Leader for all Virtual
Teams created to assist other sales professionals in serving the
customer. Communicates with all relevant groups, including (but not
limited to) manufacturing, shipping, Sales Engineers, distributors,
engineers, and contractors to gather, resolve and distribute
necessary information to satisfy the customers' requests.
- Develops expert-level understanding and familiarity with the
customers' business and unique needs. Creates and builds
partner-type relationships with customers. Proactively anticipates
customer needs and address them before receiving customer
- Identifies project risks and is accountable for decisions made
throughout the life of the project.
- Ensures project documentation is maintained in conformance with
SPFA and ISO guidelines.
- Maintains outstanding levels of courtesy, sensitivity and
responsiveness under high stress and other adverse situations.
- Assists in creation and management of American SpiralWeld and
ADIP continuous improvement programs and executes special projects
and reports as requested by management.
- Trains other project managers and team members on the use of
project management principles and methodologies.
- When required, work on projects from other divisions such as
- Must exhibit a bachelor's degree in Engineering from an
accredited four-year college or university. Proof of degree
required. A transcript or diploma would be acceptable and must be
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills,
pro-active decision making, problem solving and negotiation skills
which create a "win-win" results for the customer and
- Must exhibit the ability to read and work with engineering
drawings and layouts.
- Must exhibit a positive customer service attitude and
- Must be able to use technical information to enhance our
ability to sell, market, and service our steel and ductile product
- Must exhibit ability to accurately work mathematical
calculations, which typically relate to quotes, prices, and credit
- Must exhibit outstanding oral and written communication skills
including the ability to effectively respond in writing to the
requests and claims of customers and vendors.
- Must exhibit close attention to detail and excellent time
management and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be resourceful in response to a
project's need concerning AMERICAN products and their
- Must exhibit the ability to comprehensively handle multiple
- Must exhibit experience in scheduling, prioritizing, and
- Must exhibit the ability to work under stress and maintain
composure and professionalism.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professional flexibility,
especially in work hours as well as adaptability to the evolving
Project Management functions.
- Must exhibit the ability to cooperate well with others.
- Must exhibit record of punctuality and good attendance.
- Must exhibit an ability to learn. Weight will be given to
grades, courses, and related work experience.
- Must exhibit ability to work with confidential information and
- Must exhibit a working knowledge in the operation of common
windows-based business computer software, including spread sheets,
scheduling, and word processing programs.
- Must be willing and able to travel on an extensive basis for
project management meetings with customers and for other
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of
the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.PREFERRED
- Project Management Professional certification.
- Prior experience or training with computer programming and
software such as CAD.
- Prior experience with steel and/or ductile iron pipe design,
sales, and service including a technical environment.
- Prior field sales and customer service experience or related
experience in the water or wastewater industry.
- Knowledge of AMERICAN products and their application.
- Demonstrated sales ability.ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sitting for long periods of time while performing desk
activities such as computer work, quotations, drawings, etc.
- Standing and walking on various surfaces required when in the
plant and providing training to Customer Service personnel.
- Climbing stairs/ladder occasionally required when in the plant.
Balancing required on ladder.
- Stooping and kneeling to obtain files, work in the plant, etc.
File drawers are approximately 35" high and 30" deep.
- Overhead reach to 93" (with step stool) and bended reach to
floor to obtain files required.
- Forward reaching for desk activities, computer work, drawings,
- Handling is required when working with files, drawings,
- Use of fingers is required for computer entry, keyboarding,
- Feeling is required to check for smoothness and textures of
machine parts in the plant.
- Talking is required for communication with customers,
co-workers, vendors, various departments at AMERICAN, American
Spiral Weld personnel, etc. Communication may be in person or via
- Vision required for desk activities, quotations, drawing,
- Hearing is required for communication with co-workers,
customers, vendors, American SpiralWeld.
- Lifting and carrying drawings up to 20# maximum, usually less
- Pushing and pulling file drawers with up to 20# force
Keywords: AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company, Birmingham , Project Manager - ADIP, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!