Senior Project Manager, Construction
Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Location: Pell City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Senior Project Manager, Construction provides project
management for implementation of approved capital design and
construction projects. This position provides construction
guidance, support and oversight on corporate development projects
and assists field operations during construction completion and
project turnover. The Senior Project Manager reviews plans and
specifications with contractors, subcontractors and vendors. This
position reviews project schedules with EHC Home Office
departments, contractors, and vendors. This position reports on
status of projects, costs, and changes against the intended scope
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manages owner consultants, contractors and vendors through
pre-construction, construction and post construction process.
- Assists in the required regulatory notifications and impact
regarding project costs and schedules.
- Assists in analyzing estimates and quotes from general
contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
- Assesses materials, labor and equipment required for a
construction project to determine if scope of work is satisfactory
for stated project goals.
- Provides budget and constructability feedback during pre-design
- Responsible for site investigation on projects at existing
facilities, to ensure that the pre-design represents a
constructible plan that allows for ongoing unencumbered patient
- Leads and participates in coordination meetings with all
internal and external team members.
- Makes necessary decisions on issues that arise.
- Monitors architect's schedule and quality control process.
- Meets with state and local authorities to represent the
company's interest on project scope, design issues and code
- Reviews with Preconstruction the final bids taken by the
contractor that make up the final estimate for a project.
- Processes contracts and invoices at the appropriate time from
architects, engineers and contractors, and compares to contract to
ensure charges are legitimate.
- Visits construction sites approximately every four to six weeks
or as needed. Most projects take between six to twenty-four months
to build. During the course of a project, the site visits would
include the following monitoring activities:
- Observe construction activity to verify conformance with the
contract documents and quality of workmanship.
- Observe contractor's field management personnel to verify the
project is being properly and efficiently managed.
- Evaluate and monitor the contractor's project planning and
scheduling activities to verify the proper emphasis is placed on
this area to achieve a timely completion.
- Follow-up and respond to coordination problems that routinely
occur during installation of different systems.
- Maintain relations with and manage expectations of hospital
- Should be expected to manage in excess of 10 project numbers
with a total capital of $100 - $200 million.
***Position requires up to 25 - 30% travel
***Position must sit in our Home Office in Birmingham, AL and
offers a hybrid schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Architecture or
Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in the construction field with strong
emphasis in project management.
- 5 years of healthcare construction project management
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE:
EHC) offers facility-based patient care through its network of
inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. With a national footprint that
spans 153 hospitals in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is
committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective
rehabilitation. Encompass Health has been ranked by Modern
Healthcare as a Best Place to Work, and our Home Office is
consistently rated a Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start day one of
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet
the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education
- An employee assistance program for counseling and mental health
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2233853 Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo,
manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project
manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH, Birmingham , Senior Project Manager, Construction, Executive , Pell City, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!