Regional Case Management Director - Southeast
Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Location: Pell City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Regional Director of Case Management is responsible for
helping to create an environment and culture that enables hospitals
to fulfill the mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying
the organization's mission to staff, holding staff accountable for
performance, and motivating staff to improve performance. This
position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the
delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent
patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an
inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and
accepting of diversity.
Job Code: 100155
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within
the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW,
OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
- If licensure is available for his/her discipline within his/her
state, individual must hold an active license.
- Current CCM or ACM certification is required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN)
with RN licensure.
- For other eligible health care professionals, must possess a
minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is
- 3 years of hospital based Case Management experience including
Utilization Review and Discharge Planning experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to travel at times involving evenings and weekends.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for
patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2234334 Associated topics: administrative coordinator,
administrative support, assistant, associate, chief operations
officer, front desk, food, operation, operational support,
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH, Birmingham , Regional Case Management Director - Southeast, Executive , Pell City, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!