Local Sales Manager
Company: Hearst Communications
Posted on: November 26, 2022
WVTM-TV, the Hearst owned Television station located in
Birmingham, Alabama, is seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager who
is ready to take a growing station to the next level. Birmingham is
located in central Alabama and is a vibrant city that offers
amenities to fit any lifestyle. We are looking for a sales leader
who creates a positive culture for success through leadership,
clear direction, teaching, motivating and evaluating the sales
efforts of our local team. The candidate will lead the local team
in exceeding budgets on multiple platforms and coach and mentor a
team of motivated sellers. Individual should be highly organized,
able to coach a winning team and have experience in pricing and
inventory management. The ability to develop and maximize revenue
opportunities within the local advertising community is a must.
Client engagement is a top priority. Candidates should have the
ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple
challenges simultaneously. Candidate must also be able to take
initiative and make decisions without daily guidance.
* With guidance from the General Sales Manager, set the overall
tone for the local sales department by providing exemplary
leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and
* Clearly define account executive performance expectations and
measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and
attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
* Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy
meetings with each Account Executive.
* Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via
frequent visibility. This includes being active in the sales
process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients.
* Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year &
exceed quarterly & annual forecasts.
* Manage, alongside the General Sales Manager and National Sales
Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and
achieve and exceed revenue goals.
* Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our internet and web
sales efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
* Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share,
New Business, Internet, Mobile, etc.
* Advise the Research Director in creation of research pieces to
assist in our sales efforts.
* Communicate effectively with other Managers and Supervisors.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales
* A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the
company and advertisers
* The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound
business decisions and solve problems effectively
* Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales
* Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong
internal and external relationships.
* Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
* Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
* Has a passion to build and maintain strong client
* Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused
marketing solutions using multiple media products including
television, web, mobile, and multi-cast.
* Has a track record of success in new business development.
* Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and
* Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is
constantly developing strategies to overachieve.
* Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always
* Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and
ideally has experience with Wide Orbit and Matrix.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Military experience and training with above qualifications will
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for
employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired
employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the
coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of
employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will
consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical
and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with
applicable legal requirements.
Keywords: Hearst Communications, Birmingham , Local Sales Manager, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!