Assistant Property Manager
Company: Arbour Valley Management, LLC
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Park at Forestdale, Birmingham, AL has an immediate opening
for an Assistant Property Manager. - The Assistant Property Manager
will be directed by the Property Manager to assume greater
responsibilities upon learning and applying knowledge of all
aspects of property management as well as displaying maturity and
good judgment. - The Assistant Property Manager serves as the
individual responsible for the property in the absence of the
Property Manager and serves as a role model to peers. Depending on
the size of the property, the duties and responsibilities of the
Assistant Manager and Leasing Consultant may be similar. - The
Property Manager has the responsibility of determining these
duties. - In the event of the Manager's absence, all duties as
listed for the Manager become the responsibility of the Assistant
Manager. -Essential Functions:
- Works closely with the Property Manager in learning all aspects
of management including administrative and financial duties.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising staff and managing the
property in the Manager's absence.
- Works closely with the Manager in developing a team that
effectively sells the quality and professionalism of Arbour Valley
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on
a regular basis. - Offers recommendations to management regarding
improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Familiarizes one's self with all aspects of maintenance.
- Understands financial and operational reporting
- Collects all rent payment from both current and previous
- Processes all property's invoices
- Monitors renewals and re-certifications to ensure that all are
done in a timely manner and all documented properly according to
the guidelines that are applicable.
- Responsible for sending out late-notices to all delinquent
residents and completed follow-up activity in regards to
non-payment of rent or eviction proceedings.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state laws in regard
to collection of delinquent accounts.
- Assists the Manager in ensuring that all leases and addenda are
completed accurately in regards to addresses, names, rates,
- Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e. leases
- Understands and applies principals of Fair Housing.
- Supports the overall efforts and offers input and suggestions
in regards to promotions, advertisement, rates, etc.
- Assists in various leasing activities as required.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to
lease and offers recommendations.
- Earns respect of leasing staff and maintenance team.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and
various concerns as required.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as
- Represents Arbour Valley Management in a professional manner at
all times. - Consistently maintains a professional and courteous
attitude when dealing with residents, co-workers and the general
- Performs other duties assigned by Property Manager
Keywords: Arbour Valley Management, LLC, Birmingham , Assistant Property Manager, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!