Healthcare Linen Manager
Company: Crothall Laundry Services
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Crothall Laundry Services is a leader in hospital and
hospitality laundry processing services around the country. Our
focus is on service, quality and safety which enable our clients to
provide essential services to their patients and guests. The
Company operates across 20+ states and is a portfolio company of
H.I.G. Capital, based in Miami, FL.
The On-Site Linen Manager's scope of work includes the overall
responsibility for the hospital's laundry & linen program at the
healthcare facility, to include ancillary areas as necessary, to
insure an adequate supply of clean linen for all user areas while
collaborating and communicating consistently with both the laundry
processing plant and the hospital personnel & facility management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assignment and scheduling of duties as required including the
direction of the distribution staff and soil collection associates
- Responsibility for and scheduling of the receiving, recording,
distribution and collection of linens with an objective to utilize
their managerial skills in order to provde product to the end users
without interruption of service.
- Housekeeping and general cleanliness of the assigned work area
and linen storage room..
- General and spot inspection as required of laundered articles
to assure compliance with HLAC, OSHA and JCAHO recommendations and
- Maintaining records for department attendance, production
efficiencies and linen tracking, etc.
- Communicating with departments in all end user areas to obtain
feedback and information regarding the linen services program,
- Preparation and participation in the the linen program meetings
and linen committee as warranted.
- Proper interviewing of new employees and directing their
on-boarding, orientation and training as required.
- Provide services as needed to those departments with special
requirements to include gaining necessary approvals with
administration for same as applicable.
- Provide educational support for proper utilization of linens to
include the reporting of overuse, abuse and/or misuse of linens, to
include recommended actions, to both Crothall Laundry Services
management and hospital contacts as necessary.
- As a "Working Manager" position, the Linen Manager will need to
fill-in for distribution and/or soil collection associates as
necessary due to absenteeism, vacation, sick, etc., in order to to
meet the facility needs.
The Linen Manager must be able to perform each of the essential
duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to communicate effectively in written format and
- The ability to multi-task and establish priorities as required
for adequate job performance.
- The ability to maintain and demonstrate organization in a
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and
- Possess and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of contract
administration and office procedures
- The ability to use knowledge and experience of a working
environment to meet established goals and objectives
- High school diploma or GED equivalancy preferred. Must
successfully complete department orientation and any pre/post
employment testing per company policies.
Crothall Laundry Services is an equal opportunity employer. At CLS,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. Qualified candidates must be able
to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job
post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential
responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with
this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or
change the essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: CLS will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance) Associates at
Crothall Laundry Services will be compensated commensurate with
experience, which includes an attractive base salary and benefits.
---Medical ---Dental ---Vision ---Life Insurance/AD ---Disability
Insurance ---Retirement Plan ---Paid Time Off ---Holiday Time Off
(varies by site/state) ---Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Job Family Plant Salaried
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Crothall Laundry Services, Birmingham , Healthcare Linen Manager, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!