Sr. Manager, Internal Auditor
Company: (ISC)2 (International Information Systems Security
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Sr. Manager, Internal Auditor
# of Openings
(ISC) is an international nonprofit membership association focused
on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the
acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional
(CISSP) certification, (ISC) offers a portfolio of credentials that
are part of a holistic, pragmatic approach to security. Our
association of candidates, associates, and members, nearly 280,000
strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software, and
infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference
and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our
commitment to educate and reach the general public through our
charitable foundation - The Center for Cyber Safety and Education.
For more information on (ISC), visit www.isc2.org, follow us on
Twitter, or connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn. We are
committed to an inclusive and equitable environment that values the
unique perspectives and experiences of our entire workforce. We
strive for a true sense of belonging for all our employees and to
foster authenticity, trust, empowerment and connectedness that
leads to everyone's success. For more information, visit
The Senior Manager, Internal Auditor is responsible for
contributing to the development of an Internal Audit, Risk &
Compliance (iARC) Function. The individual will create and execute
the programs for the independent evaluation of organizational
risks. They will partner with Senior Management to operate an
effective global system of internal controls addressing complex
challenges and assists with achieving ISC2's strategic initiatives.
Risk assessments may include support for financial audits, IT
audits, credential audits (including ANSI), internal controls,
operational processes, compliance with contractual obligations with
third parties and international/federal/state requirements. This
individual will maintain all organizational and professional
ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities follow best
practices and international standards for a non-profit
- Design, perform and manage all aspects
of organizational audits including plans to help assess risk and
compliance across all areas of the organization and offer
recommendations to mitigate company risk and exposure.
- Identify and evaluate risk and assess systems of controls.
- Lead and manage the external operational audit support
including coordinating efforts with the external auditors to assess
the effectiveness of controls and risk assessments.
- Design, perform and manage vendor site reviews over key
Association third party vendors compliance reviews and other ad hoc
- Prepare and deliver executive summary memos and presentations
to board, management, committees, or other stakeholders.
- Identify, prepare, report, and manage audit findings and
observations, including monitoring progress of action plans.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships through
individual contacts and group meetings.
- Plan and develop the audit approach and develop audit programs
for assigned projects. Manage the annual project plan through
scheduling and meeting deadlines and budgeted hours.
- Ensure consistency of work papers, memos, internal audit
reports, agendas and all other work products and assignments in
accordance with team policies and IIA standards
- Perform other ad hoc functions as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing
to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience
- CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- Data Analytics and/or Fraud Investigation experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's Degree preferred Skills/Competencies:
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values:
Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, Agility
- Ability to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports
and celebrates diversity; serve as a role model to promote DEIbest
- Ability to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within
constraints of the position
- Must be hands-on and have a personal drive to succeed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail
oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Understand the basic accounting principles and apply them
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/CredibilityPhysical & Mental:
- Work extended hours or overtime, when necessary
- Up to 5-10% travel
- Work in an office environment using dual monitor computer
- Sitting for extended periods#LI-remote
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic as protected by applicable law.Job candidates will
not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of
conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Keywords: (ISC)2 (International Information Systems Security, Birmingham , Sr. Manager, Internal Auditor, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!