ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL AID
Company: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL AID (T201122)
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL AID - ( T201122 ) Description The
Associate Director of Financial Aid is a senior leadership position
in the Office of Student Financial Aid and will be responsible for
supervising and training assigned office personnel. Candidates must
have a record of progressive growth within Financial Aid and
demostrated experience across campus units. The Financial Aid
Associate Director also serves as a liaison between the Student
Financial Aid Office and various departments across UAB, and will
present and coordinate outreach programs with area high schools and
orientations. Additional roles include providing personal
counseling and information concerning financial aid programs to
students and parents as well as supporting the functions of
Enrollment Management with recruitment and retention initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a student-centered approach and will
be leading a team where student service is imperative for
departmental success. -ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Serves as the Director in his/her absence.
- Supervises and coordinates all aspects of staff training to
cover new regulations governing federal aid programs, as well as
state programs, and institutional policies.
- Assists with the interpretation of federal and state
regulations and guidelines, and implement procedures to ensure
- Oversees and coordinates the appeal process for federal aid
- Award and administer federal aid and strategically leverage
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures; and
maintain fiscal responsibilities for several state, federal, and
institutional programs. -
- Coordinates a variety of special and recurring analyses and
reports including reconciliation of the Federal Direct Loan and
Pell Grant Programs.
- Ensures financial aid processes are complete.
- Coordinates all technological advances, including electronic
transfer of data with the US Department of Education and
- Work with Business Office to ensure timely disbursement of
- Represent UAB at state/regional/national associations as
- Other duties as assigned. (ANNUAL RATE OF PAY: $45,395 -
$73,770 (Commensurate with qualifications and experience)
Qualifications Bachelor's degree in a related field and five (5)
years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT
substitute for education requirement. -Experience in supervision is
essential. Candidates must have a record of progressive growth
within financial aid and demonstrated experience across campus
units. Experience using Banner, COD and Oracle are highly
Keywords: University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham , ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FINANCIAL AID, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!