Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 15, 2023
With guidance from the Director of Therapy Operations, using
some independent judgment, Therapy Manager manages components of
therapy operations, which may include inpatient or outpatient
therapy, in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and
local standards, regulations, and guidelines to assure that the
highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. This
position requires effective management skills along with good
communication skills for interdepartmental relationships and
requires competency in therapy discipline for evaluation,
assessment, care planning and treatment. Additionally, this
position requires task delegation and supervision of therapy
discipline assistants and technicians. The Therapy Manager provides
patient care in licensed discipline 50% - 75% of work hours. The
Therapy Manager supervises therapy staff and is responsible for
staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient
treatments. This position maintains open and on-going communication
with directors and managers to ensure patient, staff, and hospital
needs are met. The Therapy Manager creates an environment and
culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by
providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code 100004
License or Certification:
- Current State license as a Physical Therapist, Occupational
Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree or higher from an
accredited therapy program required. Additional training with a
Master's or Doctorate's degree in either professional or management
area is preferred.
- Four years of discipline specific leadership experience required,
with no less than 2 years being clinical.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty
professional certification, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone,
copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and
Physical requirements may be modified based on required limitations
of the worker's compensation claim or injury/medical reason.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and
the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English,
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness,
time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
Keywords: Encompass Health, Birmingham , Therapy Manager, Executive , Jasper, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!