RN (Nurse Manager) 5 Main
Company: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans work to be accomplished by assigned staff, setting priorities and preparing schedules for completion of work.
- Assigns work to unit staff based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and the requirements of the assignments, and individual capabilities
- Evaluates the performance of assigned staff.
- Makes recommendations for appointments, advancements or reassignments.
- Provides advice, counsel, or instruction to personnel on work and administrative matters.
- Hears and resolves complaints and referring more serious complaints not resolved to higher level supervisors.
- Recommends and/or takes disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Identifies developmental and training needs of assigned staff and providing or making provision for such development and training.
- Responsible for performance improvement, customer service/patient satisfaction, patient and employee safety, interviewing applicants, employee relations, standards of care and practice, the work environment, and accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Works collaboratively with the Associate Chief of Staff for Acute Care, Chief Resident and Attending Physicians; and actively develops and manages collaborative partnerships with interdisciplinary team members.
- Responsible for time scheduling of the unit, coaches staff, deals with employee conduct and performance issues, completes recurring reports and performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Participates on service and medical center committees and task forces to improve nursing practice and patient care.
- Has an integral role in supporting and facilitating student nurse clinical experiences, as well as orienting new Nurse Managers.
- Works in partnership with the union and adheres to EEO principles.
- Leads the 5 Main Nurse Leadership Team (Assistant Nurse Manager, Designated Charge Nurse(s), Clinical Nurse Leader and Educator) and ensures the delivery of the highest quality of nursing care.
- Responsible for ensuring his/her actions contribute to a mode of continued accreditation readiness regarding Joint Commission, Office of Inspector General, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, VA surveyors, Laboratory College of American Pathologists, and other survey teams.
- The Nurse Manager reports to the Associate Chief Nurse (Medicine) and is accountable to the Associate Director of Patient Care. Work Schedule: Days, with flexibility to adjust schedule as needed to meet patient and staffing needs. Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): You will be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of EDRP. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Award amounts are based on availability of funding. For additional information. please contact Human Resources, extension 8049 to speak with the EDRP Coordinator.
Keywords: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Birmingham , RN (Nurse Manager) 5 Main, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!