Chief Operating Officer - St Vincent's Birmingham
Posted on: March 17, 2019
We Are Hiring
Chief Operating Officer - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
What You Will Do
The Chief Operating Officer formulates and oversees the organization's planning, policies and practices in collaboration with executive leadership.
- Participates in development of the organization's vision, policies and short- and long-term objectives.
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Determines overall needs for the organization to ensure network adequacy and promote growth.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and recommends cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Leads efforts to drive high quality, low cost operations within sites of care as well as day-to-day operations
- Provides input on performance targets for sites of care operations, quality/safety and performance improvement plans.
- Ensures that performance is aligned with Ascension's practices and standards of excellence and determines interventions necessary to improve performance.
- Leads efforts to better manage care in an increasingly constrained resource environment and to ensure exceptional operational outcomes using Lean principles - Ascension's AIM for Excellence.
- Provides input on the design of risk-based arrangements, payers to approach for fee for value contracts and contract terms.
- Recommends and manages to performance targets; determines interventions necessary to improve performance.
- Tracks performance metrics and leads performance improvement efforts for operations of sites of care.
- Provides input for the roll-out of new patient/member experience models and priority areas for clinically reliable processes
- Identifies and develops partnerships with area facilities and community organizations that share Ascension Health's values.
- Supports multidisciplinary, outcome-driven and accountable approach to providing optimal patient experience and clinical outcomes. What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required upon date of hire or job transfer date
- Master's degree or Juris Doctorate (JD) is preferred
- Proven ability to partner with providers and/or faculty
- Experience working in an academic environment strongly preferred.
- High level of financial acumen required
- 10 years of experience as an executive-level manager is required upon date of hire or job transfer date required.
- 10 years of experience required. 15 years of experience preferred. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Chief Operating Officer - St Vincent's Birmingham, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!