Director, Cloud Infrastructure and Engineering
Company: C Spire
Posted on: July 14, 2019
OverviewThe Director of Infrastructure and Engineering is
responsible for the strategy, design, and management of all
products within the Managed & Cloud Services portfolio. This
position is also responsible for developing and leading a team that
will help build, support, and maintain the products and
infrastructure. This includes an overview of all projects and
processes that fall under the Strategy, Design, and Transition
areas. The role also requires the Director to work closely with the
Sales, Vendors, Presales Engineering, and Operations team to help
sell and provide communications around the product offerings.
This position will lead teams of Sr. Managers, Managers,
Architects, and Engineers that maintain and enhance highly complex
enterprise-wide sales/service channel solutions to support the
achievement of company objectives and the delivery of exceptional
user experiences. Responsible for all aspects of infrastructure
development and operations. including planning, design,
development, implementation, and ongoing support. Plan, organize,
schedule, and control the work of staff under his/her
The position is accountable for delivering end-to-end technology
solutions, in line with strategic business objectives and
priorities and provides technical insight, oversight, strategic
context, direction and leadership to the teams involved. The ideal
candidate will combine strong leadership skills, hands-on technical
capabilities, and a knack for effectively managing technology to
meet business goals.Responsibilities
- Cross-train and develop skills of staff, to include succession
planning. Hire, train, and give performance feedback to
- Accountable for the development of long-range plans for systems
development and responsible for the implementation of systems;
ensures appropriate research is conducted, oversees the evaluation
of alternatives and determines solutions.
- Evaluate and implement third-party applications. Negotiate
licensing fees and maintenance costs. Establish service level
agreements. Manage third-party vendor relationships.
- Oversees the planning, organizing, assigning and supervision of
the work activities of department Sr. Managers, Managers, System
Analysts, Software Developers, Applications Architects and Web
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves preliminary surveys, proposed
modifications, design specifications, time and cost estimates, and
documentation. Ensures formal reviews are conducted of new
development or revised production systems prior to
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering or related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in infrastructure engineering, cloud
services, and customer facing technology roles. Strong software
development and engineering background.
- Minimum of 4 years technology-related management
- Proven knowledge in software and systems architecture, design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Master's degree desirable
- Experience building high performance scalable sales/service
channel applications, with a focus on delivering exceptional
- Experience operating highly scalable and highly available
sales/service channel applications. Demonstrated ability owning and
driving results in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent
problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to formulate data
driven decisions that lead to results.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence and
- Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and
- Proven ability to navigate complex cross-functional
- Solid understanding of IT project management tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to sit for
long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse, while
viewing computer screen. Must be able to work a flexible schedule
shared by other department members including some evenings and
weekends.Note: This is a brief description of the Director of
Infrastructure and Engineering's responsibilities and is not
limited to those described herein. Management retains the right to
add, delete or modify any of these responsibilities at any time
during employment. Rev. 4/2019
Keywords: C Spire, Birmingham , Director, Cloud Infrastructure and Engineering, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!