Preconstruction Manager - Sitework
Company: Brasfield & Gorrie
Posted on: September 14, 2019
ResponsibilitiesBrasfield & Gorrie has an exciting opportunity for
a Preconstruction Manager to work in our Heavy Civil Division with
a focus on Site and Highway work, including but not limited to
grading, utilities, roads and bridges.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other
duties may be assigned):
- Understand the bid requirements for hard bid, conceptual,
schematic, and design development estimates.
- Review drawings and specifications for completeness of
information before pricing.
- Gather, calculate and compile data for use in
- Identify the project requirements for bidding, insurance,
staging, and phasing.
- Read, understand, and distribute addendum and drawing revisions
to bidding subcontractors.
- Set up estimates with correct cost codes and
- Utilize estimating software tools, including P6, ISQFT,
On-Screen Takeoff, Agtek, Hard Dollar, Assemble and
- Conduct jobsite walkthrough to develop a site logistics plan
and understand job constraints.
- Draw cut sections and elevations of all foundations, foundation
walls, retaining walls, shoring, etc. to determine relationships to
adjacent activities or objects.
- Price value engineering ideas and items.
- Establish list of clarifications for assigned proposal or
- Perform quantity surveys for each CSI division.
- Establish scope sheets and review subcontractor quotes.
- Provide unit pricing for labor and materials and
- Establish building risk, labor burden, and sales tax rates for
- Code estimates to an established schedule of values.
- Assemble final estimate and summary/schedule of values to
present to owner.
- Assist with presentation of budget/bid to design team and
- Complete all closeout requirements for unsuccessful
- Interact with subcontractors, designers, and clients to build
and strengthen relationships.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in construction, engineering, or related
- 5 - 15 years of estimating experience and/or combination of
estimating and project management experience
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Innovative attitude
- Proven experience with technology
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate, as both may be
The above description covers the principal duties and
responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be
construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental,
or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Brasfield & Gorrie, Birmingham , Preconstruction Manager - Sitework, Executive , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!