Manager- Patient Financial Services- Non-Government
Posted on: January 16, 2022
OverviewGuidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting
services to the public and commercial markets with broad
capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We
help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate
significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational
change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation.
Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital
services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our
clients for future growth and success. The company has more than
10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a
Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals
with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging
technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national
and global economies. For more information, please visit:
www.guidehouse.com. Responsibilities The Patient Financial Service
Manager is responsible for supervising the PFS staff in a fair and
consistent manner on daily operations of billing, cash posting, and
collections. Also performs any and all related job duties as
assigned. Essential Job Functions
- Leadership / Training
- Billing / Cash Posting / Collections
- Reporting Duties and Responsibilities Leadership and Training:
- Acts and leads in a manner that will instill trust and foster
- Ensures that all employees know and understand all State and
Federal Rules and Regulations.
- Provide a working environment which allows employees to
communicate ideas for improvement to department. Whenever possible
request employee input on policies and procedures that may affect
or impact the way their job is performed.
- Maintain open communications and provide appropriate feed back
to PBA staff and management.
- Allow employees to attend seminars which will enhance
productivity and knowledge.
- Ensures employees have all the tools necessary to achieve the
goals set. Billing/Cash Posting/Collections:
- Works with all departments to ensure accuracy of CPT4, HCPCS
and Revenue Codes.
- Provide departments with Medicare and other payer updates,
notices and coverage changes which effect both billing and
- Reviews process and systems to ensure the most effective
methods are maintained to meet all departmental and facility
- Works with IT to ensure that all changes are completed to
ensure accuracy of billing is maintained.
- Ensures bill hold in electronic systems meets established
- Works with both electronic billing vendor and payers to resolve
billing/cash posting issues. Compliance:
- Communicates all compliance issues to Manager.
- Educates and ensures that all employees understand Compliance
and appropriate procedure for reporting compliance issues for
State, Federal and HIPAA.
- Attends pertinent seminars, internal and external and shares
obtained information with staff and other appropriate
- Reviews and maintain JACHO requirements for billing, cash
posting and collections. Reporting:
- Responsible for the weekly Key Indictor Reports and
Accomplishments Reports which are due every Monday by 12:00pm.
- NDC/Epremis billing error report to departments daily.
- Maintain logs by department for claims in Epremis hold
- Daily electronic and paper claim report.
- Other reports as requested by management.
- Weekly report of Late Charge to Departments. Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years of healthcare financial management experience.
- Must have a solid understanding of the healthcare revenue
- Demonstrated competency in working in teams and ability to
effectively communicate with all levels. Preferred:
- BCBS, Commercial Payers, Specialty Payers, VA, Transplant,
Medicaid, Medicare Billing/Follow up experience
- CPAR certification
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described. DisclaimerAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse
is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status,
religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or
expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected
by law, ordinance, or regulation. Guidehouse will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance
including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San
Francisco. If you have visited our website for information about
employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you
require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1-571-633-1711 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse
does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or
staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the
property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay
a placement fee. Rewards and BenefitsGuidehouse offers a
comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive
compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our
commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program #IndeedSponsored
Keywords: Guidehouse, Birmingham , Manager- Patient Financial Services- Non-Government, Government & Protective Services , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!