Oncology RN - Charge Nurse - St. Vincent's East
Company: Ascension, B82
Posted on: December 5, 2019
We Are Hiring
Position: RN - Charge
Location: St Vincent's East - Birmingham, AL
Shift: Nights; 7pm-7am
What Will You Do:
As a Charge Nurse - RN with St. Vincent's Health System, you will
have the opportunity to coordinate unit staffing and provides
leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and
quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development
and evaluating of staff. What Will You Need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained PRIOR to Hire Date and must not expire within the
first 90 days of hire.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- 1 Year of Experience Required Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St.
Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St.
Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and
Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network,
which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home
health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized,
compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting
the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
Why Join Ascension?
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide
everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to
transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care
and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care
for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality
healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care
that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative
approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive
compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit
options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time
off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking
care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the
go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them
proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are
our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to
have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve,
associates benefit from significant professional opportunities,
career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support
work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace. St. Vincent's
East Hospital Campus - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20
minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL.
It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety
of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and
community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the
Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful
community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which
appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown
hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is
exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only
Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency
- Great location with a suburb feel for patients not wanting to
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their
community. Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-Verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, B82, Birmingham , Oncology RN - Charge Nurse - St. Vincent's East, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!