ED Medical Records Analyst- Birimingham, AL
Posted on: February 16, 2020
With a unique blend of large firm resources and an
entrepreneurial collaborative culture, Guidehouse is where your
purpose, passion, and expertise transform organizations. Guidehouse
is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public
and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management,
technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their
toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing
transformational change, technology-driven innovation and
significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory,
consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help
clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for
future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the
company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50
locations. If youre passionately motivated to make a difference and
deliver exceptional work, we invite you to learn more about your
career opportunities at www.guidehouse.comInterested in working
with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some
of societys most complex and challenging problems? We are
Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and
commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy,
technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but
we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwCs former
public sector practice and Navigants deep expertise in energy,
financial services and healthcare.We offer an exciting, fast-paced
environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards
individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the
forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that
stretch across government and private companies, affording our
people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting
profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change,
technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure,
our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and
problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.Our healthcare
segment is comprised of consultants, former provider
administrators, clinicians, and other experts with decades of
strategy, operational/clinical consulting, managed care services,
digital health, revenue cycle management, and outsourcing
experience. Professionals collaborate with hospitals and health
systems, physician enterprises, payers, government, and life
sciences entities, providing performance improvement and business
process management solutions that help them meet quality and
financial goals. You will make an immediate impact from day one,
working with a team to provide end-to-end solutions. We dont simply
put band-aids on our clients issues, we are working side-by-side
with them. Are up for the challenge?Business Process Management
unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address
the complexities of todays healthcare system. We design, develop
and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained
improvements in performance and profitability, working
collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses
hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and
payers.Responsible for retrieving and scanning Emergency Department
medical records that are in paper format from the main hospital as
well as the freestanding emergency department. Obtains appropriate
documentation on patients seen in the Sleep Lab. Process Sleep Lab
patients documentation into the electronic chart. Monitor H&Ps.
Provide back up for birth certificate processing. Performs a
variety of related clerical duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Answers telephone when required within three rings, identifying
area of work, and your name.
- Retrieve ED discharges from main ED. Receive FED charts from
- Prep documents that need to be scanned into E-chart. This would
include removing staples, blank sheets, all archived reports. Sort
- Verify documentation and images that have been scanned.
- Identify and name documentation and images that have been
scanned according to assigned mnemonic.
- Audit charts for accuracy.
- Send documentation to permanent storage.
- Maintain two months of ED onsite and monitor that ED records
greater than 2 months are properly shredded after scanning.
- Receive Sleep Study records from Manager of the Sleep Lab and
process into the electronic record
- Monitor inpatient admissions to ensure that H&Ps are on
charts within 24 hours.
- Provide back up for birth certificate processing during the
- Answer phone and cover release of information requests
- Professional neat appearance; wears name badge; positive,
pleasant attitude. Knowledgeable and confident in execution of job
- Good Listener demonstrates active listening skills. Maintains
eye contact, uses body language to indicate to speaker you are
- Responsible accepts responsibility, takes ownership of problems
and follows through to resolve. Be a problem solver, not a problem
- Friendly smiles, immediately acknowledges customers; speaks to
people. Calls others by their name. Responsive to needs of others.
Anticipates needs of others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Six months medical record experience in medical records.
- Graduate of an accredited Health Information program accepted
in lieu of experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with
ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer
equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environmentAdditional Requirements
- This position requires successful completion of a background
check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.Guidehouse is an Equal Employment
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military
status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
regulation.Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair
Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email
at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information you
provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the
extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation.Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.Rewards and
BenefitsGuidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package
that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits
package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and
Keywords: Guidehouse, Birmingham , ED Medical Records Analyst- Birimingham, AL, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!