Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department - FT Evenings
Company: Ascension, B82
Posted on: March 27, 2020
We Are Hiring RN-Emergency Dept - Emergency Department -
Full-Time, Evening - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL3pm -
3am - rotational pattern - work Thursday-Friday-Saturday, off
Sunday, work Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday off 7 days About our
Hospital: St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown and it has
over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are
currently in a large renovation project to create more patient
rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many
patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities.
Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St.
Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital
of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- Where Babies are Born!
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
About the Job: The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department
provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team. Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date. Education: Diploma from an accredited
school/college of nursing required Bachelor's degree in nursing
preferred Work Experience: 1-2 years of Emergency Department
experience preferred. About our Department: 29 Bedfordshire Level
III BREMSS Trauma System Averages 136.6 patients per day Our Team
- Registration - front desk, bedside, discharge
- Providers - ED physicians, mid-levels, scribes
- Nursing - PCSs (flow coordinator), RNs, ED techs, unit
secretary, ED nurse educator, Secretary 2
- Radiology - xray and CT tech
- Security - scanner & front desk
- Paramedics (during peak EMS hrs)
- Pastoral Care, Respiratory Therapy, Case Management, EAU nurses
Small look at our staff retention and recognition corner:
- Associate of Month - Parking pass perk!
- Saturday night suppers
- Hallow weenie fun
- Annual Christmas party
- 5 STAR recognitions
- Daily huddles
- Annual Emergency Preparedness - Decon workshops As an equal
opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply
with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to
provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based
on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other
characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will
make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied
for a position using our official application. Be on alert for
possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not
solicit money or banking information from applicants. St. Vincent's
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-verify link below for more information. E
-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, B82, Birmingham , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department - FT Evenings, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!