Charge Nurse - Cath Lab - St. Vincent's Birmingham
Posted on: September 13, 2020
We Are Hiring RN-Charge - Cardiac Cath Labs - Full-Time, Day -
St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL (7am- 3:30 pm Monday-
Friday with call)About the Job:This department has 3 Cath Lab
rooms, one hybrid OR room. As the Cath Lab RN you will monitor,
sedate and circulate patients. Additional duties include charting
cardiac cath procedures.About our Hospital:St. Vincent's Birmingham
is located downtown, and it has over 400 beds and provides space
for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation
project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St.
Vincent's provides care for many patients within the downtown area
and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho
Sports service line, St. Vincent's has a strong reputation in the
Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the
hospital is easy to get to from any location.
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- "Where Babies are Born!"
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.Why
Join Ascension? In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates
five hospitals (St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St.
Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair)
in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's
Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been
serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.Ascension is a
faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation
through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the
leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S.,
Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized
care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension
provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and
other community benefit programs.What You Will Do As an Associate
with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity
to coordinate unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring
implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development
and evaluating of staff.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 1 year of experience required.Equal Employment Opportunity As
an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries
comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In
order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based
on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other
characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will
make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied
for a position using our official application. Be on alert for
possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not
solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
information. E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Charge Nurse - Cath Lab - St. Vincent's Birmingham, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!