Registered Respiratory Therapist
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: October 19, 2020
We Are Hiring
Position: Registered Respiratory Therapist
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Shift: PRN, Rotating
Location: St Vincent's East - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St.
Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St.
Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and
Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network,
which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home
health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized,
compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting
the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist with St. Vincent's Health
System, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and
care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
* Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment
and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
* Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor,
record and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced
respiratory care modalities.
* Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and
treatment based on patient outcome.
* Educate the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
* Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
transfer date. Advanced Life Support can be in lieu of Basic Life
* One or more of the following:
* Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Alabama Board of
Respiratory Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
* Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed
from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
* Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American
Heart Association (AHA).
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
* None required.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for
Right to Work
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Birmingham , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!