Nursing Assistant- Nights- St. Vincent's East
Posted on: November 21, 2020
We Are Hiring
Title: Nursing Assistant
Location: St Vincent's East, Trussville, AL
Department: Float Staffing
Additional Job Details: Full Time Nights, 7p-7a, various days,
weekend and holiday requirements.
What You Will Do
As a Nursing Assistant, with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you
will have the opportunity to assist with basic patient care
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by
a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists in providing care appropriate to population specific
facilitating timely and individualized care of assigned
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of
daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional
conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) must be valid for 90 days post start date or must be renewed
prior to start date. Education:
- High school diploma or GED required St. Vincent's Health
System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham,
St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair,
St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St.
Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide
range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we
provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that
balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in
more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20
minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL.
It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety
of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and
community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the
Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful
community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which
appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown
hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is
exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only
Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency
- Great location with a suburb feel for patients not wanting to
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their
community. Why Join Ascension?
Ascension ( ) is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living
in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2018, Ascension provided
nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other
community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately
156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers . The national
health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including
151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21
states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of
services including physician practice management, venture capital
investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, f
acilities management, clinical care management, information
services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own
group purchasing organization.
Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons
most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry Our
Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its
ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and
regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to
all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its
ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national
origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Nursing Assistant- Nights- St. Vincent's East, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!