Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department
Posted on: May 6, 2021
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department - Fulltime Day Shift.
7am-7pm, 3-12 hr shifts per week, every 6th weekend obligation; six
week schedule pattern.
About our Hospital:
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400
beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are
currently in a large renovation project to create more patient
rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many
patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities.
Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St.
Vincent's has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital
of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from
* Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
* Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
* Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and
* Free parking for our associates.
* Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle
service to the hospital.
* Friendly family environment.
* "Where Babies are Born!"
* World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
* Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just
minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and
* Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
What You Will Do
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
* Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and
communicate patient condition as appropriate.
* Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
* Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed
from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date required.
* One or more of the following required:
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date
or job transfer date.
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and
Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Right to Work
Keywords: Ascension, Birmingham , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!