Pharmacy Tech - UAB Hospital Pharmacy (FT)
Company: UAB Medicine
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Pharmacy Tech - UAB Hospital Pharmacy (FT) #035 -
(T181118)General InformationOur pharmacy technician positions allow
you the opportunity to build a lasting health care career, develop
leadership skills, and make a difference in the lives of patients
and their families. More than 150 pharmacists and 150 technicians
work together at UAB to support pharmacy operations and serve a
diverse patient population with compassion and clinical expertise.
Whether you are a career technician or are wanting to gain exposure
to the many opportunities in health care, you will find the UAB
Department of Pharmacy to be a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit
workplace, where you often form positive relationships with both
colleagues and patients. We have pharmacy technician positions
available in a variety of collaborative settings including central
pharmacy, decentralized inpatient pharmacy, retail pharmacies,
outpatient infusion pharmacy, and ambulatory clinics.Mission,
Vision & ValuesUAB Medicine's mission is to deliver world-class
patient care to the residents of Alabama and beyond, advance
medical science through pioneering research, and train the sharpest
medical minds.We expect all employees to adhere to our core values
of Always Care, Own It, Work Together, and Do Right.UAB Medicine's
Mission, Vision & Values can be found here:
https://www.uabmedicine.org/aboutKey Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists pharmacist with dispensing activities, drug inventory
control, and supply inventory control.
- Maintains the daily operations within the department to include
answering phones, assisting individuals at the pharmacy window,
entering charges for medications, receiving and stocking drug
orders and maintaining cleanliness of assigned area.
- Repackages bulk medication into unit dose containers ensuring
- Ensures medications are delivered and distributed to correct
patient care area or Automated Medication Management System (AMMS)
in a timely manner. Observes established guidelines.
- Prepares sterile products as necessary following proper
- Participate in medication error prevention by reporting
prevented and actual medication-related errors.
- For retail pharmacies: answering phones, assisting with filling
and counting prescriptions, helping customers at the point-of-sale
register, shipping prescription medications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment ordering and inventory
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform basic calculationsBenefits
- Financial Incentives: Technicians can achieve pay increases
through merit-based programs, certifications, and our technician
Step-Program. We offer reimbursement for certification and
registration renewals and provide live Continuing Education
- Tuition Assistance & Loan Forgiveness: Full-time employees
receive 100% paid tuition at UAB through the Educational Assistance
Program. Also, we are an eligible employer under the federal Public
Service Loan Forgiveness program for qualifying educational
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer comprehensive benefits package
that include excellent health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible Schedule and Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plan and Life Insurance
- Wellness Offerings: Walk the UAB Medicine walking trails on
your break, take advantage of a discounted membership at the UAB
Campus Recreation Center, and buy fresh produce throughout the year
at the on-site Farm Stand.
- Perks & Discounts: UAB employees are eligible for discounts at
a variety of local and national retailers.Salary Range: $13.00 -
$21.15High School diploma or GED required. Currently registered or
eligible to be registered as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy
intern/extern by the Alabama Board of Pharmacy (ALBOP) required.
Active registration will be required prior to date of hire.Primary
Location UAB HospitalJob Category PharmacyOrganization 707501000
Pharmacy-HospitalEmployee Status RegularShift Rotation / Flexible
Staffing / Multiple Shifts
Keywords: UAB Medicine, Birmingham , Pharmacy Tech - UAB Hospital Pharmacy (FT), Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!