Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Company: Southern NP Associates
Posted on: May 16, 2022
GENERAL PURPOSE:The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the
care of a specified group of residents in collaboration with their
supervising physician and the practice protocols established by the
medical oversight committee. They must document visits according to
CMS accepted guidelines and bill accordingly. They will be
available Monday through Friday and on call after hours and
weekends as designated by their manager. QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a Registered Nurse and Certified Registered Nurse
Practitioner in good standing and meet all applicable licensure
standards in the State of Alabama for advanced practice.
- Must have knowledge in clinical duties of NP practice and
practice within established guidelines for this practice and in
collaboration with their supervising physician.
- Knowledge of long term care environment is desired.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal
tactfully with NP practice members, facility staff members,
facility patients and staff members, the medical community, and
- Computer literacy and knowledge of electronic medical record
documentation. You will be trained in the software developed for
- Capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must have patience, tact, enthusiasm, and positive attitude
toward the elderly and disabled.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand
- Must be capable of performing the ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOB FUNCTIONS as outlined
- Support the Mission, Values, and Vision of Southern NP
Associates, LLC and affiliated companies.
- Knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere
which allows for the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all
- Report to management immediately all instances of
misappropriation/handling of resident property.
- Support, cooperate with, and implement specific procedures and
- Safety, safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster
plans, risk management, security, report and/or correct unsafe
working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data, including resident,
employee, and operations data.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Comply with current law and policy to provide a work
environment free from sexual harassment, and all illegal and
- Support and participate in common teamwork.
- Cooperate and work together with all co-workers.
- Plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory
direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Use tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and
- Follow up as appropriate with supervisor on reported
complaints, problems, and concerns.
- Complete requirements for training, acceptable attendance,
dress code including personal hygiene, and other work duties as
- Provide great customer service to internal & external
- Promote positive public relations with residents, family
members, and guests.
- Support facilities and facility staff in a friendly, courteous,
and cooperative manner.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding HIPAA
Privacy and Security, the company's Corporate Compliance and
Quality Assurance program requirements, including the Code of
Conduct, and neglect state mandated requirements in accordance with
Keywords: Southern NP Associates, Birmingham , Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!