Company: Pell City Nursing & Rehab Center
Location: Pell City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:Great New Wages!Offering $5,000 Sign on Bonus if hired
full time through June 2022!
Discover What's Possible!
At Diversicare, we understand the contributions of every team
member are the parts that make up the whole. We appreciate them for
the work they do each day to showcase their talents and gifts.
Discover What's Possible at Diversicare! APPLY NOW!
Access your wages between paychecks with our OnShift Wallet
Full Time Benefits include:
- Excellent 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- DiversICARE - employee hardship fund
- Pay advancement program - OnShift Wallet
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and
residents at 61 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in eight
states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United
States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare
professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each
patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their
It is Diversicare's Mission to "Improve every life we touch by
providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations."
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity,
Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy,
appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture
in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in
fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service
Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what
matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and
professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare
#RN123Responsibilities:Renders professional nursing service to
residents within an assigned unit/wing in support of medical care
as directed by the medical staff; supervises CNAs to ensure a high
quality of care is provided to all residents of that unit.
Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific
- Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of
the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status;
ensures residents reach highest attainable level of
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their
- Administers prescribed medications, orally and by injection;
provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper
handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
- Observes resident's reactions to medications and
- Observes, records, and reports changes in residents' condition
to supervisor and attending physician.
- Maintains resident's medical record by way of documentation as
required by policy.
- Provides education to residents and families regarding
- Assists in planning, supervising and instructing CNA; assigns
daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures.
- Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
- Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
- Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and
ensures follow-up occurs.
- Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge Nurse regarding
change in resident status and follow-up needs.
- Completes performance evaluations timely for CNAs
- Coaches and disciplines CNAs as needed - ensures personnel
policies are followed.
- Recommends staffing, equipment and supply needs to DON.
- Responsible for capturing charges for all supplies issued to
residents on that unit.
- Participates in care planning process and ensures the Nursing
component is implemented.
- Ensures the rights of residents are respected; coordinates with
other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities,
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families and
- Has a current license by the State Board of Nursing as an
- Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by
frequent change, as work schedule will change on a daily
- Able to work intimately with residents, physicians, and
- Experience in the long term care setting preferred.
- Capable of working to prescribed nursing standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; has an interest to
perform a service.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual
orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Pell City Nursing & Rehab Center, Birmingham , Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Pell City, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!