Lab Technician - Evening Shift
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: August 7, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description Responsible for
performing testing in accordance with established Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), applicable sections of the Code of
Federal Regulations (CFRs), with emphasis on Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs), the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 1988
(CLIA), and applicable Takeda and BioLife policies, procedures and
quality initiatives. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform only high and moderate complexity tests for which
certification has been authorized by the laboratory director or
designee and deemed commensurate with their education, training,
and technical abilities.
- Responsible for sample management, test performance, quality
control, result review, result reporting and equipment maintenance
such that accurate and appropriate sample testing is performed,
completed, and reported in a timely manner.
- Follow the laboratory s procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
donor test results.
- Test and maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing
samples are tested in the same manner as donor samples.
- Adhere to the laboratory s quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results and either correct the problems or
immediately notify the laboratory management.
- Follow the laboratory s established corrective action policies
and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory
s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from the laboratories established performance specifications.
- Participate in operational excellence initiatives and projects
to drive a culture of continuous improvement to achieve site
operational excellence goals (including but not limited to 5S,
Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Other duties as assigned. Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal skills and analytical/problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and applicable
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Must be able to determine impact to product quality when
testing deviations occur, contain the situation and implement
- Interfaces with employees of various educational backgrounds
and levels within the company. Must be able to communicate
effectively with all these various business partners.Complexity
- Ability to stand up for 6-8 hours
- Ability to lift, carry and pull up to twenty-five (25)
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens requires 90% of
work tasks to be performed while wearing gloves EDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential:Bachelor s degree
from an accredited college/university in a biomedical discipline
(Chemical, physical, biological, clinical lab science, or medical
technology,) ORAssociate degree from an accredited
college/university in laboratory science or medical laboratory
technologyDesired: Bachelor s degree in medical technology or
Associates degree in medical laboratory technology1-year laboratory
training or work experience preferredMT or MLT certification from
ASCP or other accredited certifying organization preferredEEO
Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Locations USA - AL - Hoover Worker Type Employee Worker
Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Birmingham , Lab Technician - Evening Shift, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!