Minimum Data Set (MDS) Manager RN - $10,000 Hiring Incentive
Company: Oaks on Parkwood - Highlands
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for the development and the timely completion of the
MDS, Raps, Triggers, and care plans. Ensure that the data is
appropriate to the needs of the resident based upon the assessment
and is in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in developing, maintaining and updating policies and
procedures related to the gathering of data for the completion of
the MDS, Raps, and Triggers.
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident that
identifies the problems/needs of the resident, the care to be
given, the goals to be accomplished, and the discipline required
for each goal.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain a tracking system of Quality
Assurance in regard to the MDS, Raps, Triggers, and care plans.
Conduct and coordinate the revision of the MDS, Raps, and Triggers.
Maintain an up-to-date and accurate MDS/assessment calendar. Ensure
MDS compliance of timelines, accuracy and signature of the
information of data.
- Provide orientation and in-service to staff, family and
resident, and physicians, as necessary, to ensure understanding of
the MDS/care planning process.
- Maintain and implement an organized, efficient system to ensure
submission of all MDS/care plan information to the State timely and
- Participate in care plan meetings and ensure notification of
all team members, family, and resident.
- Perform other duties, and assume additional responsibilities as
assigned.Education and Experience:
Degree in nursing, social work or dietetics required. Must have a
minimum of two years of clinical experience, preferably in a Long
Term Care setting. Must be knowledgeable of the MDS process.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to move about intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently
throughout the work day.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds
utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
- Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
Keywords: Oaks on Parkwood - Highlands, Birmingham , Minimum Data Set (MDS) Manager RN - $10,000 Hiring Incentive, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!