Certified Nursing Assistant - ALF / SCALF - PRN
Company: Noland Health Services
Location: Pell City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Summary of Duties
Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA will be responsible for providing
each of the assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and
services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan
Essential Job Functions
* Assist in providing nursing care to residents as assigned
including activities of daily living such as bathing, eating,
grooming, toileting, and obtaining vital signs.
* Provide and document medication assistance as directed.
* Provide assistance to the residents as needed in preparing for
medical testing, activities programs, and visitation.
* Maintain residents living area clean, neat, and change linens as
* Greet newly admitted residents upon admission. Escort resident to
* Report changes in the resident's condition (i.e., areas of
redness, skin tears, bruising, mental status change, eating habits,
medical needs, etc.) to the charge nurse immediately.
* Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal
care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes as
* Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity
and social programs, etc., as necessary.
* Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and
transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs,
wheelchairs, lifts, etc., as necessary.
* Obtain and record the resident's blood sugar, as directed, using
the Free Style Glucose Monitoring machine.
* Utilize the Smart Charting IPAC to record the selected ADLs and
* Complete incident reports in a timely manner along.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be a Certified
Nursing Assistant - CNA or obtain certification within 4 months of
hire. Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA experience preferred.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions
* Must be able to move consistently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently
throughout the work day.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable
these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
* Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds
utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the
CNA Certified Nursing Assistant C.N.A.
Keywords: Noland Health Services, Birmingham , Certified Nursing Assistant - ALF / SCALF - PRN, Healthcare , Pell City, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!