Registered Nurse Supervisor- $10,000 Hiring Incentive
Company: Noland Health Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Summary of Duties
Registered Nurse Supervisor - RN will be responsible for ensuring
that the facility functions according to policy and regulatory
guidelines during shift. Provide direct nursing care to the
residents and supervise daily nursing activities performed by
Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants,
ensuring that the resident care plan is implemented in accordance
with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and
regulations that govern our facility and as may be required by the
Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator and
Executive Director to ensure that the highest degree of quality
care is maintained at all times.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the facility during the
assigned shift ensuring that care is rendered according to policy
- Direct the functions of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified
Nursing Assistants in accordance with the resident care plan,
current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the
- Provide direct care to residents as needed in accordance with
the care plan, policy and procedures, and nursing standards of
- Document all interventions and activities according to policies
- Communicate with the physician, Director of Nursing
Services/Clinical Services Administrator and other employees, as
necessary, concerning the status of residents and activities on the
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary and ensure proper
- Meet with residents, and/or family members, as necessary.
Report problem areas to the Supervisor.
- Complete med pass audits and counts medication as
- Report floor stock medication, supply, and equipment needs to
the Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services
- Chart nurses' notes in an informative, descriptive, and legible
manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as
the resident's response to the care.
- Complete all forms, communication records, reports as
- Review and transcribe physician orders according to
- Report all discrepancies noted concerning physicians orders for
patient care to the Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Follow through with the process of admitting, transferring and
discharging residents according to physician orders.
- Perform complete assessment on all assigned residents each
shift with follow up rounds minimum of every two (2) hours during
tour of duty.
- Report residents' condition and shift occurrences to oncoming
- Coordinate social and activity programs with nursing services
- Meet with restorative, rehabilitative, and self-help care
- Assist in arranging transportation for discharged residents and
ensure an escort to the pick-up area.
- Determine and inform staff of the work/resident assignment for
- Inform employees of new admission.
- Greet newly admitted residents upon admission and escort to
room as necessary.
- Meet with nursing employees on a regular basis to identify and
correct problem areas and to improve nursing services.
- Review employee complaints and grievances and ensure that all
employees are treated consistent with policies and applicable
- Participate in employee performance evaluations and the reviews
of staffing requirements and make recommendations to the Director
of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator concerning
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by
supervisor, including any special projects.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a
Registered Nurse - RN by the State of Alabama. Three (3) years
experience in a long-term care facility or nursing home preferred.
Must possess CPR certification within thirty (30) days of
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to move about intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently
throughout the work day.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds
utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
- Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
Registered Nurse RN Nuse Nusing Manager Supervisor
Keywords: Noland Health Services, Birmingham , Registered Nurse Supervisor- $10,000 Hiring Incentive, Healthcare , Bessemer, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!