RN / Registered Nurse / Alabama / Any / Oncology Registered Nurse Job
Company: Odell Medical Search
Posted on: September 22, 2022
A large, private, community-based provider of cancer care is
seeking a Infusion/Chemo Registered Nurse to provide nursing care
in an Oncology Clinic setting. The Company
- Community-based physician practice
- State-of-the-art clinics
- Full range of chemotherapy services, laboratory testing, and
clinical trials This company appreciates its employees
- Excellent Medical and Dental Plans
- Time off program
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company-sponsored Life, AD&D, and Disability programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and Development programs The Role you will play
- Administers chemotherapy, hydration, and other medications
under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures. Maintains
appropriate and efficient patient flow in and out of exam
- Records patient data including, but not limited to, vital
signs, height, weight, allergies, medication changes, etc.
- Maintains disinfection protocols
- Monitors and assesses changes in patient conditions and
initiates appropriates actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory fusion pump use and
- Facilitates dose modification
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not
limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactionsand
initiates appropriate actions.
- Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures. Completes all
chemotherapy charge forms. Assures preauthorization and appropriate
consent forms are obtained prior to administration of
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and
maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculatingdose, and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct
medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, timeand
- Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration of
chemotherapy, medications and blood products, toinclude, but not
limited to: venipuncture, central line access and infusion
- Programs portable infusion pumps for continuous drug delivery
and provides instruction to the patient and/or caregiver in the use
of the pump at home.
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and
medication administration in the patient chart.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient
- Acts as a resource person to the medical assistants.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart. The Community
- Ranked one of the top 100 places to live
- Recent increase in dining options, entertainment, sports,
music, and job opportunities
- Centrallly located near beautiful nature hikes, trails,
waterfalls, lakes, and more...
- Affordable cost of living
- With the foothills of the Appalachians as a dramatic backdrop,
the city is laid out on a series of lush rolling hills with
woodland-covered neighborhoods just minutes from downtown
- Graduate from accredited for professional nursing education,
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience, preferably in a an
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board
- Chemo experience highly preferred.
- All newly hired must provide proof they have received the
COVID-19 vaccination, in full, prior to their date of hire as a
condition of new employment, unless otherwise exempted from this
requirement by an approved accommodation pursuant to the
interactive process. As applicable, new employees are required to,
at the latest, begin compliance with this Policy during the
pre-employment onboarding process.
Keywords: Odell Medical Search, Birmingham , RN / Registered Nurse / Alabama / Any / Oncology Registered Nurse Job, Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!