Claims Specialist II Individual Life - Health (Hybrid)
Company: Protective Life Insurance Company
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can
be a part of it.We help protect our customers against life's
uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company,
you'll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our
customers need it most.
The Customer Claims Specialist works in a team environment to
process Life Insurance, Annuity and VUL claims. This position will
handle calls from customers, agents, funeral homes, attorneys, etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
This position requires someone with excellent attention to details,
critical thinking & organizational skills, time management,
knowledge of Life Insurance, Annuities and VUL, above average
computer keyboarding skills and a professional demeanor.Primary Job
- Contact with teammates, management, and other departments.
- Requires tact, conflict resolution skills, and the knowledge
and experience of the business to provide accurate and informative
answers to customer's inquiries.
- Review and process claim within time goal required.
- Direct phone contact with beneficiaries and other parties.Work
Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required
- Strong background in customer service gained by at least 3
years' work or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in the insurance industry gained by
completion of the LOMA Level 1 or equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Process claims
- Fully investigates all relevant claim issues, provides prompt
payment and in full compliance with departmental procedures, Unfair
Claims Practice regulations and in accordance with the terms of the
insurance contract and applicable law
- Consistently communicates status with all appropriate parties
involved with the claim.
- The Examiner is accountable for identifying and evaluating
information required to adjudicate claims.
- Answering calls - Answering telephone inquiries from backup ACD
line concerning claim status, claim filing, reports of death, as
well as communicating internally with other departments.
- Handling of customer complaints from ACD line and document the
information received and telephone conversation into the claim
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing calls to claimants,
Powers of Attorney, facilities and other person's or entities
involved in the payment of a claim. Correspondence
- Respond in writing to customer inquiries in accordance with
- Review demand letters and responds within individual parameters
and escalates as appropriate.
- Research - Verifies policyholder information, policy effective
dates, premium status and verification of claim eligibility.
- Identifies the need for additional information.
- Contacts appropriate source to obtain needed information.
- Verifies beneficiary information and payment amount.
- Approve - Approve claims according to the designated approval
authority guidelines -Assist with Unclaimed Property process.
- Reviews and analyze IRS Form W9 and Form W8.
- Maintain claim file with proper level of documentation.
- Maintain claim inventories within departmental, contractual and
- Has knowledge and is able to work simultaneously with multiple
- Able to complete moderately difficult mathematical
- Strong customer service orientation and able to work with
customers in a professional and empathetic manner
- Have a strong sense of teamwork. Work harmoniously with peers
within a team environment to accomplish both personal and team
- Participates as a team member for all system and new product
initiatives. Ability to use independent initiative to seek answers
to customer concerns. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet
deadlines.This position has availability of hybrid after 90 days
and Full remote after 6 months pending on reaching metrics!
Employee Benefits: We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing
through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical
wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect
mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee
assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety
of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental
leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We
protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare
accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching.
All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by
engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective's platform to improve
wellbeing while earning cash rewards. Eligibility for certain
benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the
Company's benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Protective, we are committed to
providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to
fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our
people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a
culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop
potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to
create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and
employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy.
In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles
and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust
development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being
inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Keywords: Protective Life Insurance Company, Birmingham , Claims Specialist II Individual Life - Health (Hybrid), Healthcare , Birmingham, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!